Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ham and processed meats...good or not?

Ham and processed meats for dieting?

• Love it, good source of protein

Votes: 59 26.2%
  • Only the low fat kind

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • Only low sodium kind

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Not for me at all

Votes: 111 49.3%

• Total voters
imo they are better than skipping a meal i.e. you are due a meal on the motorway or something and the only place to buy food is the servce station and they have processed meat or something it is better than a chocolate bar but shouldnt be a part of your diet only someting used as a last resort.

so everyone is saying proccessed is nono, are we talking about completely proccessed as in where yu have to peel off the seal to get the meats out, or deli sliced as in "lunchmeats" where they slice it from the machine?

i wouldnt eat proccessed reguardless i just dont think they use real meat lol

It's interesting to hear all of this. I myself eat quite a bit of them and gained plenty of mass, good genetics i guess.

I was eating a ton of deli meats...usually smoked turkey or ham. This weekend Im going to bake a turkey breast in the oven to use for sandwiches and such for the week. I also have a smoker so Im sure smoked turkey breast and smoked salmon will be on the menu soon.

about every 3 weeks or so i put boarshead turkey and boarshead virginia sliced ham on my grocery list...i never buy the ones pre-packaged. i don't think they are horrible when bulking....but on a strict diet these are a no no. maybe as a cheat meal

kiosk said:
Poll on your opinion of ham and processed meats for dieting

Ham and processed meats are not good for you. You should stay away from, anything processed actually. Particularly processed bread. When you eat these foods, your body doesn't get to do 'work' to break them down, and hence cause fat build up. Eat foods, that are full of whole organic components. So *white* bread is evil.

mm107 said:
so everyone is saying proccessed is nono, are we talking about completely proccessed as in where yu have to peel off the seal to get the meats out, or deli sliced as in "lunchmeats" where they slice it from the machine?

i wouldnt eat proccessed reguardless i just dont think they use real meat lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So does this also mean deli sliced meat or just packaged meat because i eat deli meat alot and want to know if its bad so i can cut it out of my diet.

i eat sliced deli turkey as well about once every few weeks for a while now...it has not hindered my results or my goals. i think you need to ask yourself the same question. obviously there are better choices but it all depends on if you are seing progress

Killerpak said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So does this also mean deli sliced meat or just packaged meat because i eat deli meat alot and want to know if its bad so i can cut it out of my diet.

Isn't deli sliced meat the same thing? I mean, have you ever seen a turkey breast that big or a ham that is completely missing the bone in the middle?

Any processed, flavored or preservative foods are not good for you. Stick to Organic :)

how about Oscar Myers 98% percent fat free Turkey Breast?

Top Bottom