Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fruits alright to eat while cutting?

Dan_S

i was wondering what type of fruits would be alright to eat after working out to go with my protein shake.

Any fruit that would digest quickly. The only one I can think of off the top of my head would be grapes, and maybe bananas. Its easier to drink something like gatorade that has high simple carbs and nothing else in them. It enable to get into your body quicker since it is liquid.

barnes3

Fruits contain a lot of fructose, that´s supposed to be bad for cutting. Maybe it doesn´t matter directly after workout.

unless your cutting for a show, fruits are great. especially after a workout. one or two pieces a day will not hurt you. but if your gettig ready for a show then i would probably stay away..but you would already know that...

I am just trying to get cut for my trip to cancun in about a month and a half. The fruit would be right after my workout and would be the only sugar i eat in a day besides the little bit of brown sugar in my oatmeal in the mornings. Would it be better to eat some fruit with simple sugars or a bowl of oatmeal with complex carbs after my workout?

A bit of fruit at any random time will not hurt you. 8 oz. of strawberries provides a lot of fiber and only 60-70 calories. Just have it as your only carb in the meal with some protein, and don't eat it with fat.

I dont think a little fruit even when cutting is all that bad. But its not a good idea to use it as a postworkout carb, reason being fructose is very inefficient at replacing glycogen in the muscle.

gymtime said:
It's simple. Fruit has sugar in it. When cutting, the less sugar you take in the better.
In the case of fructose, it's slightly more complicated than this. As has been mentioned a number of times previously, fructose preferentially refills liver glycogen putting one in the the 'fed' state. While bulking, this is a good thing, as this is necessary for optimal anabolism. It also, however, causes a decrease in lipid oxidation(read: fat burning), which, obviously, isn't really what you want while dieting.

Still, if you're only eating a small/moderate amount of fruit, I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

As Creatureofnight mentioned, it is very inefficient at restoring muscle glycogen. Dextrose or maltodextrin would be a much better choice post-workout.

Top Bottom