Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet for getting stronger, but having to drop weight????

Cubanito17

Hey guys I'm a powerlifter and of course my goals are to get stronger so I can't really get on a diet that will hurt my strength. Although I have a problem I have to drop 10lbs and keep it off so I thought by cutting my carbs some(50g/day) I would start dropping some weight well I was wrong i didn't now I have about 3 weeks to drop this weight and keep it off. So what can I do right now this is what my diet looks like in the morning I drink a protein shake 51g/carbs 68g/protein 0g/fat. Then 2 hours later i'll eat a protein bar 2.5g/carbs 21g/protein 5g/fat. then in 2 hours later i'll have another bar 7g/carbs 30g/protein 8g/fat. then in an hour i'll eat 2 PB all natural sandwhichs which has 70g/carbs 25g/protein 16g/fat. then 3hours later i'll have another bar 7g/carbs 30g/protein 8g/fat. then before a workout about 1 1/2 hours later i'll eat a carb bar 48g/carbs 7g/fat and 6g/protein then i'll do my workout about 1- 1 1/2 hour workout maximum then 1 1/2 hours after workout i'll eat a steak or chicken which is about 50g/protein somewhere around there. That is my daily diet on the weekends it changes a little but if I really want it too it can stay just like this throughout the whole week. My stats are 5 8 176lbs 8%BF I have to weigh 165lbs to compete in that weight class. And I cannot afford to lose weight.

Some questions I have is it better to eat every 2 hours or 3 to speed up metabolism???? Is eating to many supplements like bars, shakes not a good thing and should I at least have my normal 3 meals in the day??? Last question is should i only eat 1g/per lb of protein and whatever amount of carbs and low fat if I want to get stronger or will this put weight on me????

Thanx in advance for any replys.

to answer your final few ?'s, shakes and bars are for emergencies when you can't eat a real meal-try to avoid them if you can. It is best to eat 30g or more of protein every 2+1/2 hrs. To keep or add size you need to eat over 300g a day of protein if you are an adult male

without AS, it will be nearly impossible to loose weight and get stronger
Also loosing 10lb of fat in 3 weeks is a bit questionable
i suspect you will loose a good 5lb of lean mass
my only advice is dnp, if your serious enough

Thanx for the replys heres the thing i'm 17 and about the eating the reason i eat so many bars and shakes are b/c I dont eat any veggies(i hate them) and I really don't have a wide variety of food when it comes to healthy foods and i need to do this. I know I should be asking this on the supplement boards, but if any of you know will taking a water weight loss pills really affect me b/c I know I drink alot of water throughout the day anyway i'm always thirsty it's an average of 2 1/2-3 gallons of water a day.

And about gaining or keeping size i'm not really worried about size right now i'm worried about strenght and weight. After the meets are over i wanna gain mass and get up to 185 to train at that weight i know how to put on weight and get stronger just not always sure how to drop and keep gaining strength. And i'm pretty sure there are ways besides AS not ready for darts yet. TABS maybe.

OK where can I get that I've been thinking about an over the counter one, ARBUTEROL i've tried this before to make weight class in a day for a meet I belive i lost 6lbs that day but I really didn't take it how i was suppose to it said don't go over 9 caps daily and in 10 hours i took 12 caps I had to lose the weight. But this traxatone where can I get this is it illegal or over the counter. One thing before I take it what does it do to you exactly.

one more thing are there any sides to it and is there a certain time i have to come off of this stuff. And if anyone has used it how much weight do you lose a day/ a week.

Cubanito17 said:
OK where can I get that I've been thinking about an over the counter one, ARBUTEROL i've tried this before to make weight class in a day for a meet I belive i lost 6lbs that day but I really didn't take it how i was suppose to it said don't go over 9 caps daily and in 10 hours i took 12 caps I had to lose the weight. But this traxatone where can I get this is it illegal or over the counter. One thing before I take it what does it do to you exactly.
GNC sells it and it has no real sides

Hey man, losing 10lbs of fat in three weeks and keeping strength is almost impossible BUT losing 10lbs of bodyweight in 3 weeks is a cake walk lol. I dont post a whole lot anymore on the Powerlifting forum but I still compete. I just recently decided to move up from the 165's to the 181's. Before my last meet in the 165's I weighed about 173 on Sunday and my meet was saturday of the upcoming week. SO I had 6 days to lose 8 pounds of body weight. Now I did have the advantage of the early weigh in but I dont know if you do or not. If you do have an early weigh in you need to do the following. Number one start cutting back carbs. Now back to my story, I was eating about 200 carbs per day up intil that Sunday. Well I cut them down to about 70 carbs per day. I also was eating 180g of Protein per day and only about 20-30g of Fat per day. My diet consisted mostly of tuna, chicken, and eggs. I would throw in a baked potatoed with one of my cans of tuna about an hour before a workout and eat 1/2 cup of rice with some chicken or tuna right after my workout. Thats all the carbs I was eating. I was eating 4 cans of tuna a day, 2 whole eggs, 10 oz of chicken. Also I drank almost 2 gallons of water every day from Sunday to Wedneday. Then on Thursday I drank about 6 cups of Coffee during the day with each of my six meals. I made sure to get all of my six meals in by 4:00pm that day and then I didnt eat or drink anything the rest of the night. I had the advantage of weighing in on Friday morning instead of Saturday the day of the meet so when I got up Friday I didnt eat anything and went straight to the gym and weighed in. I had gone from 173 down to 165.8. I had to be at no more than 165.3 to compete though so I went and sat in a dry Sauna for about 30 min and drop .5 of a pound. Then after the weigh in I ate as many carbs, fats, and protein as I could that day and guess what, I won my damn weight class in the meet. I actually benched more than I ever had in my life, I hit 350lbs in the 165's. Hope my long ass post helped. PM me if you need some more help.

OH yea, try to eat every two hours if you can but if you cant its not that big of a deal. The most important thing is to get enough protein every day regardless of how much time in between meals. And its very important to get at least 30g of carbs before lifting and at least 30g after. THe rest is easy.

Top Bottom