Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why do women get angry when men tell them they gained weight?

B

bottleneckblooz

Especially if it's true?? I have a friend who has a gf that has put on about 20-30lbs in the 1 1/2 years since they have been together. My gf and I have been talking to them about going on a trip together down south somewhere next winter. They are pretty excited about it but my buddy told his gf that she should lose about 20 lbs first. I guess she flipped out at him. I understand that she wouldn't be happy about gaining weight, but why get mad at him? And how the hell do you not notice gaining 30 lbs?

Women know that for the most part men like women that are slender, or at least not obese. That's why when women are single, they are usually on a diet, or join a gym, so they can keep slender to attract a man. So why is it such a shock when a guy wants his woman to lose weight, especially when she wasn't that big when they met. I was there when they first met, she has gained 20-30lbs EASY. He's not lying to her. What he told her was a fact, plain and simple. Why get angry with him? What is he supposed to do? Wait until she gains 50 lbs, when it will be even harder to lose the weight, and then say something??

Women are weird.

the truth hurts

although in certain cases i don't think it should be brought to attention.
some people feel really bad about it and know they've gained weight.

but of course sometimes it takes someone else to tell them to get their ass moving

bottleneckblooz said:
Especially if it's true?? I have a friend who has a gf that has put on about 20-30lbs in the 1 1/2 years since they have been together. My gf and I have been talking to them about going on a trip together down south somewhere next winter. They are pretty excited about it but my buddy told his gf that she should lose about 20 lbs first. I guess she flipped out at him. I understand that she wouldn't be happy about gaining weight, but why get mad at him? And how the hell do you not notice gaining 30 lbs?

Women know that for the most part men like women that are slender, or at least not obese. That's why when women are single, they are usually on a diet, or join a gym, so they can keep slender to attract a man. So why is it such a shock when a guy wants his woman to lose weight, especially when she wasn't that big when they met. I was there when they first met, she has gained 20-30lbs EASY. He's not lying to her. What he told her was a fact, plain and simple. Why get angry with him? What is he supposed to do? Wait until she gains 50 lbs, when it will be even harder to lose the weight, and then say something??

Women are weird.

She must be pretty secure in the relationship. Usually, the don't start packing it on until they get married.

Anyways, why bring a girl to South Beach? (especially a fat one) Tell him he may as well bring sand with him also.

I think women are a little more sensitive about their looks and weight that men are. It is sometimes up to the womens' husbands, fiances, lovers, boyfriends, etc...to make them feel secure about their looks and weight...a lot of that ARE insecure in that department...Never tell a woman "that dress makes you look fat" although she might ask you. Never say "yes" if she asks "have I gained weight?" Always tell her she looks great no matter what she does. You'll save your ass and get some good lovin!

your buddy sounds like a real champion when it comes to interpersonal relations. what kind of loser tells his gf she has to lose 20 lbs before going on vacation? what a dipshit. i guess he isnt clear on how to communicate something as sensitive as that to a woman. and of course she knows she has gained weight. she knew she gained weight before anyone else could even tell.

there are ways of getting a message across and the way he did it was not the way to go./ he sounds insensitive. and frankly, it doesnt matter if he tells her what she needs to do, he has no control over her losing weight.

same as telling a man his hoo hoo is small or did no do the job...
See men dont care about their weight, they care about their head, women care about their weight and looks not how well their bunny works

You should have seen my hubbies face when I told him he needed to get back to the gym. It was heart breaking- kinda!

I would imagine * most* people would hate hearing those words.

bottleneckblooz said:

Women are weird.
I would have told him that he should get a $50,000/year raise before the vacation, too. :rolleyes:

I mean, guys know that we like successful ambitious men. Then, they get in a relationship and where does all that drive to be successful go? huh? They get sloppy and drive some broke ass beater around. I mean most single guys at least try to maintain some semblance of employability.

So, if your man is ever down in life or gets laid off. Point it out to him and tell him that he will have to do better before you will take him on vacation, because as it is, you are just too embarrassed to be seen with him.

Get my drift men? You guys aren't exactly the perfect little apples of our eyes either, but we have enough tact not to harp on the fact that your breath stinks, you have skidmarks in your underwear and you never went to medical school like you said you were going to do when we were both in college.

:lmao:

vixensghost said:
You should have seen my hubbies face when I told him he needed to get back to the gym. It was heart breaking- kinda!

I would imagine * most* people would hate hearing those words.

Yeah. If you care about someone you will tell them they need to work on it.

BTW. I have something I need to tell you. I don't want to do it here. So, check your pms.

all the whey said:
Anyways, why bring a girl to South Beach? (especially a fat one) Tell him he may as well bring sand with him also.

Not South Beach, just south, like somewhere in the Carribean. It's going to be like a couples thing.

I always believe that if you're going to get into a relationship with a girl, make sure she is slightly underweight from what your ideal woman should be, because it's a hell of a lot easier to make a girl gain weight then to make her lose it.

Top Bottom