Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are the strongest bodyweight to lift ratios?

Burning_Inside

Elite Mentor
an internet hero is claiming :

"im 5'6 190 with a max bench of 360 lbs, squat 450 something, deadlift well over 400 lbs"

how plausible do you folk think that would be considering he says that if you're 220 lbs and eating over 400 grams of protein a day you're wasting it and don't know shit?

Burning_Inside said:

"im 5'6 190 with a max bench of 360 lbs, squat 450 something, deadlift well over 400 lbs"

how plausible do you folk think that would be considering he says that if you're 220 lbs and eating over 400 grams of protein a day you're wasting it and don't know shit?

that ratio is extremely normal for a powerlifter, and comparable to half my male friends.
one friend, Tom, is around 50 years old, shorter than me (i'm 5'6"), somewhere around 180-190lbs and i believe he's benched 500. i know of a few others who are around 220 and have gone over 500- close to 600 for one or two.

Burning_Inside said:

sure why not.....that's nothing incredible, especially with those short limbs

and personally i think 300g of protien is plenty for someone 220

His lifts are nothing exceptional for his weight. I've seen 18 and 19 year old kids weighing 180-190 bench 405 for reps.

Deadlift over 400 lbs? Did that the FIRSTday I ever tried to deadlift, at a bodyweight of 195, so that isn't impressive either.

450 squat? Again nothing impressive. I've seen kids under 200 lbs hit 500.

These are not powerlifters, these are just football players or kids who play at the gym.

I believe the current bench record for someone 220 or less is like 720 ibs.

Burning_Inside said:

In college at 190 lbs I did a 375 bench, 450 squat and a 405 lb deadlift and I guarantee you I had never eaten 300 grams protein in a day at that age.

Robert Jan said:
I believe this turkish OLer midget has the field beat by a mile in x BW lifts

they have a huge advantage. little tiny limbs.
one of the reasons i can bench well is my short stroke- my boobage takes up a few inches and i have short arms- i can barely rack the bar.

Top Bottom