Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Terrorist Link Looked at Ohio Water Supply, FBI Probing

• Thread starter DcupSheepNipples
  • Start date
D

DcupSheepNipples

Phil Brennan

Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2001

While the full extent of Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorist network in the U.S. is not known, the case of a mysterious Egyptian with proven ties to men linked to bin Laden suggests that the network may be national in scope and looking to strike America's heartland.
Shockingly, there is evidence that suggests that even Canton, Ohio was in the terrorist sights.

Prior to September 11, an Egyptian, now being sought by the FBI, made frequent attempts to obtain maps of the water supply system of Canton, Ohio, and sought books dealing with biological subjects, especially those concerning parasitical agents and disease spread to human by animals as is the case with deadly anthrax.

A suspicious librarian in Canton alerted authorities who called in the FBI after the man visited the library as many as five or six times and asked for detailed maps of Canton's water system and books concerning microbiology and animal borne diseases, according to Friday's Akron Beacon Journal.

Among the things the man sought were maps of waterlines running under Interstate 77 to Canton's Mercy Medical Center, the librarian told the Beacon Journal, which added that the water main, coincidentally, broke a few weeks ago.

``The questions we normally get from (foreigners) are about green cards or learning English,'' the librarian told the Beacon Journal. ``Usually people don't come in asking about water maps.''

The man said he had worked in a medical lab in Egypt and had been able to identify parasites in people that couldn't be found by others.

The librarian told the newspaper about his first meeting with the man who the FBI refuses to identify by name.

``It was a long discussion,'' the librarian said. ``Eventually, I got the word `parasites' out of him. He was very interested in parasites that travel from animals to people.

`` `I can help people,' '' the librarian said the Egyptian told him. ``He wanted to familiarize himself with English terminology.''

The man, who looked to be about 50 and balding with a slight paunch, asked for the maps and books between May and July, the librarian, who asked that his name not be revealed, told the newspaper.

The librarian called authorities after the September 11 attacks, setting off a manhunt for the self-described Egyptian.

The man told the librarian that he worked at a place called Case Farms.

Strangely, among other workers there were Karim Koubriti, 23, and Ahmed Hannan, 33, - two men arrested in Detroit after they were caught with false identification documents in an apartment that had been occupied by Nabil Al-Marabh - who authorities say is connected to suspected terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden.

The Egyptian had lived with Hannan and Koubriti in Canton in the past year or so, the librarian said a colleague told him.

Other library staff members shown pictures by the Beacon Journal told the paper that he also had done research in the library, but couldn't say in what subjects he was interested.

Hannan, the Beacon Journal reported, "has been described by people who knew the pair in Canton as the leader, Koubriti as the follower."

In July, the two men enrolled in a four-week truck-driving course, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Both men failed tests before Koubriti passed a second attempt Aug. 22. Hannan kept taking classes, but failed to show up for his last class on Sept. 11, the day of the attacks, the Free Press reported.

Koubriti and Hannan were arrested Sept. 17 in their Detroit apartment, authorities said. They denied knowing Al-Marabh, a suspected bin Laden associate.

Koubriti and Hannan worked for Technicolor in suburban Detroit and as dishwashers at LSG Sky Chefs, which provides in-flight meals for airlines at Detroit Metropolitan Airport, the Free Press reported.

Canton Mayor Richard Watkins told reporters the city's water system is not in jeopardy. ``We don't want a panic,'' he said. ``We feel it's secure.''

According to FBI Special Agent Robert Hawk, a spokesman for the FBI's Cleveland division, said he couldn't comment on the Canton incident because it is an ongoing investigation.

i go to school in akron, there is a large resivoir of some sort, i'm talking millions of gallons in canton.... supplies water to akron also

my dad was a superintendant at a water facility for about 20 years. he said they always had to fire people after catching them either pissing or jacking off in the water supply.

yummy. drink your water kids. ;)

Wow, for a second I thought I went through some sort of time warp! This is an old Thread! I'm going back in time!

Top Bottom