Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Snoring Problems.

C

Citruscide

Ok, it's official... I snore. My girlfriend has been a zombie for the past 3 days and finally told me that I have been keeping her up because I snore... why she didn't tell me this on the first day, I can only attribute to the fact she is a woman.

Truth is, I did some research on it... and it appears I have some sort of sleep apnea? It's where the wind passage in your throat gets pinched causing vibrations... my throat is usually a bit sore there in the morning, and I feel exhusted like i haven't slept... which are both symptoms...

I ordered this device that goes into your mouth, looks like a mouth piece, and it is supposed to keep your lower jaw from sliding back when you sleep, thus freeing up the air passage enough for clear breathing...

Anyone else have these problems?? If so, tell me.

C

sleep apnia is actually when you choke when you sleep due to soft tissue in the throat blocking your breathing.
you wake up and choke and therefore never get full sleep.

if it is bad you can have brain damage - and the first sign of it getting bad is when your dick stops working.
when you don't get enough sleep or oxygen bad things.

my dad had this and had surgery where they cut out tissue from his sinuses and his throat.
he still snores loudly, but at least won't die from it.

you don't notice that you have it, but your gf would - if you ever start gasping for breath at night or choking, then you have it.

it usually happens to people that are obese and that sleep on their back.
my dad was/is in no way obese, just genetically had more tissue there.

Well, I only get it sometimes... I really didn't notice it... she did, your right... as for me, I would just wake up in the morning tired as hell... sometimes I have woke up gasping for air... like I was choking... I can only get little short wips of air in... That is scary... but like I said, it only happens a little bit... but I think I may be experiencing some sort of sleeping disorder...

C

and tell her at least you don't grind your teeth - that is the hardest thing to sleep through - my dad snores louder than anyone I've ever heard, but I can eventually fall asleep through it when around him, but teeth grinding - my ex gf did that, and I can't even begin to describe how awful it was to hear that.

if you sleep on your back, the snoring is worse.
there are special pillows you can get, and there are techniques to keep you on your side or front - such as a tennis or golf ball in a pocket (wear a shirt backwards so that the front pocket (it needs a pocket) is in the back, put the golf or tennis ball in there- when you roll over on your back, it becomes uncomfortable and you wake up)

also if you drink alcohol, or take G - you are more likely to snore due to the relaxed muscles and tissue in the throat

is there a surgery that prevents snoring? I snore like like a fucking jet engine. If I'm on my side no big deal, but on my back I'll wake the dead. I've snored so loud I've woken myself up.

the surgery my dad went though removed a great deal of the soft tissue in his sinuses and throat and was extrememly painful and he was out for a week and then still not able to work out for a month after.
then he still snored, just wouldn't totally close off the airway and choke.

they removed his uvula and more in that area - the snoring sound is when that flaps around.
there is also sinus tissue that when it vibrates makes the snoring sound - when air can't get by and pressure builds up, then it lets a little bit at a time through....

so to answer your question - doesn't seem to be the case, and if there was - it is non trivial

Get it checked out real soon, Cit.

I saw something on TV about that shit. If I recall your heart can stop at times too. Your doc will send ya to a sleep "tank" , where they will watch you sleep and monitor you allll night.

If you are feeling u are not rested in the morn..you got something going on in your sleep patterns..NOT GOOD!

Happy...MY hubby grinds his teeth in his sleep...I wanna stick one of those football teeth guards in his mouth...Worse than nails down a chalkboard...ARRRRRGH!

vixenbabe said:

Happy...MY hubby grinds his teeth in his sleep...I wanna stick one of those football teeth guards in his mouth...Worse than nails down a chalkboard...ARRRRRGH!

with my gf I'd shut the door to our room, go downstairs and sleep on the futon, with a pillow and blankets over my head - and I could still hear it loud and clear.
make me want to puke when I heard it.

she got a football type mouth guard thing and wore it for a bit and things were better - but then she stopped wearing it, and she still would grind away.
she didn't see how it was a problem since she never heard it.
ugh.
I've woken my self up for with slight tooth grinding and it was nasty.

HATE that sound.

for tooth grinding they make a dental thing that goes in and stops it, but it is really expensive - like over $100 - or you can get a football mouth guard for like $4.

yeah, I have woke up not being able to breath... I thought I had choked on some spit or something... and I'd be trying to breath but to no avail... i just figured it was something that happened to everyone... Hell, once i almost passed out because I wasn't getting enough air for about 45 seconds... I was only getting short gasps...

yeah, I've got this thing coming in the mail from a doctor in Canada... (I trust them more)... and I'll see how it works.

Thanks Happy.

C

Top Bottom