Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have you reached a point where you think you don't want kids or marriage?

frorider6

When I was 18-20, I wanted the total package: wife, 2 kids, dog, house in the burbs, etc. But the older I get, the less I think I want that package. I don't think I want kids anymore and am starting to think marriage is just a flawed concept to begin with.

Now, I just want to have a successful long term relationship. I'm joining the military so I'll be moving every couple of years, so no house in the burbs (which doesn't even appeal to me anymore). Kids..... I would love any child of mine more than life, but it's not like I'm planning on one now. But I still want a dog, still want a dog.

I don't want kids. I've got a dog and even a cat. That's enough for the forseeable future. I'm too selfish to turn my life over to youngins. I do want marriage. Unfortunately, I'm with the wrong girl for that. Plus, the only girl I know that is has serious marriage potential is my girlfriend's best friend so that's out too. Oh well.

The older I get, the more I want them. Life seems pointless otherwise.

-Warik

Good point. When it is all said and done, kids are why we're here. They're the meaning of life (in general).

I'm 20. Right now, I am a sophomore in college. I have really started thinking a lot more about my future. I realize that I want a career, a husband, kids, and even a cat and a dog. The older I get, the more I realize that is what I want. The only problem is actually trying to find the right guy to actually consider spending the rest of my life with. It's not looking like it will happen any time soon. :rolleyes:

If people are the "authors of the books of their lives", I want mine to be a "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure", not a romance novel.

I just never found a man who thrilled me as much as map does, and the possibility of going anywhere. Maybe I'm maposexual??

I think marriage is much better for men than women, even with the "spread the seed" theory.

PHATchik said:
I'm 20. Right now, I am a sophomore in college. I have really started thinking a lot more about my future. I realize that I want a career, a husband, kids, and even a cat and a dog. The older I get, the more I realize that is what I want.

That was how I was at 20. 8 years later and I don't know if that's what I want anymore.

Once you get to the fifth or sixth kid, it gets a bit old.

That, my friends, is when you take up baby bowling. It's more challenging because the pins wiggle and shriek.

Top Bottom