Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys, are you for or against the Star Wars program?

Johnnny

I read about this when I was a kid in the 80's not too long after Return of The Jedi came out.

I thought this was cool that they were going to have weapons in space but that was all I understood as I was only 6 or 7yrs old.

After the Super Bowl at my friends one of the guys went upstairs to his apartment & brought down this updated documentary about the Star Wars program where the US Military wants to put satellite controlled Nuclear weapons in outerspace to control what goes down on the planet below.

They are doing this b/c no one owns outerspace & no one else has done this yet.

They had launched something into space as a test that contained the nuclear element Uranium & it exploded during launch releasing the Uranium in the air. I forget the year this occured.

But they if the Star Wars program is passed will be able to send a nuclear warhead to any where on the planet with a few flick of switches & keys.

Personally I think it's going too far & I think it's just so Bush's military buddies can get rich off of it.

I don't doubt there will be some of you who support this & I can see why as they propose positive intentions, but is it really worth our health?

What if there was a malfunction in outerspace & one of these nuclear weapons exploded, some of the radiation I'm sure would come back down to earth.

What are your opinions?

Ahhhhh, we already can put nuclear weapons anywhere with the flip of a switch. As far as space goes, the US does own it. If you don't believe this than why does everyone have to ask for our approval on usage? I mean you can launch without it but there will be consequences. (This isn't a bad thing in my opinion, there has to be regulation)

It would be good to have to stop missils from rogue contries like North Korea and all those other little piss ant countries. But I sure hate spending that much money on weapons instead of feeding hungry people of the world.

curling said:
It would be good to have to stop missils from rogue contries like North Korea and all those other little piss ant countries. But I sure hate spending that much money on weapons instead of feeding hungry people of the world.

How many starving Children could be fed on the cost of 1 custom chopper ??

Johnnny said:
I thought this was cool that they were going to have weapons in space but that was all I understood as I was only 6 or 7yrs old.

Ouch. Thanks. I think I need my nap now.....

Top Bottom