Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An article for those who approve of the death penalty

Typical bleeding heart, pablum puking liberal bullshit. Those assholes confessed and are guilty. If they aren't actually guilty of assaulting the women, then they are guilty of other crimes for which they haven't been charged. Reyes is only confessing because he has nothing to lose. That judge should be removed from the bench. I am so sick of this bullshit. What does it take to have a confession stick???? Those "kids" were on fucking video tape. They weren't beaten and they weren't reciting lines.

Warik said:

As are you.

You are assuming that it would be better to put all who are convicted of a capital crime in prison rather than executing them all. You have no way to prove this because whether or not it is "better" has to do with the consequences, such as the deaths or injuries of people who would normally not have been injured or killed if the convict were dead.

We have nothing to go on but logic here. If your logic tells you that it is not possible for a convicted criminal to commit another crime after leaving prison in one form or another, then I don't think this conversation will get far.

-Warik

I hear what you're saying, but killing a person or keeping him in jail for the rest of his life is the same thing, no?

I read somewhere once that 7% of people in prison are innocent. I don't remember where i read it or what it was based on, but it seems realistic. This was considered a giant trial 10 years ago.

What also sucks is that the police tried to prevent the judge from overturning the kids conviction. That is sick, to send innocent people to jail then try to prevent them from being released, probably because it will hurt their career. I hope those cops all lose a kid or a family member someday. I hate police interrogators with a vengance.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. In this nation there has been exactly ONE prison escape involving death row inmates. However, there have been 88 innocent people freed from death row since 1976.

Sorry guy, this is a misnomer. There have been 88 convictions vacated since 1976. Those people were never deemed "innocent." The police don't arrest people like you and I. The DA doesn't prosecute people like you and I. Juries don't convicet people like you and I. They go after the scum of the earth. Criminal behavior is just that -- BEHAVIOR. An act repeated over and over again. Since only 20% of all crimes result in someone going to jail it is safe to say that anyone who has committed a crime is guilty of at least one other for which they haven't been caught. My point is that nobody truly "innocent" is accused, charged, and convicted of anything. This is liberal propaganda perpetuated by the media and hollywood. Shawshank redemption is a good movie, but that's all it is.

ariolanine said:
Typical bleeding heart, pablum puking liberal bullshit. Those assholes confessed and are guilty. If they aren't actually guilty of assaulting the women, then they are guilty of other crimes for which they haven't been charged. Reyes is only confessing because he has nothing to lose. That judge should be removed from the bench. I am so sick of this bullshit. What does it take to have a confession stick???? Those "kids" were on fucking video tape. They weren't beaten and they weren't reciting lines.

Do you even care that by putting them in jail for life for other crimes (probably petty theft or assault) that the real rapist who destroyed that womans life was allowed to roam free? i think he raped & murdered a woman after the central park jogger rape because the cops were too busy trying to arrest the 5 teenagers.

And you obviously know little to nothing about police interrogation or social psychology. Read up about Michael crowe

Do you even care that people not guilty of a crime were put in jail while the real criminal was roaming free?

Last edited:
The Nature Boy said:
I hear what you're saying, but killing a person or keeping him in jail for the rest of his life is the same thing, no?

No, it's not.

Appeals process aside, it costs more to keep someone in prison for life than it does to execute him.

Also, there's no guarantee that the person will remain in prison for life.

ALSO, where's the logic in a murderer living while his innocent victim dies?

I'm not suggesting that the death penalty is/should be a deterrent. Neither is the whole practice of cutting off a thief's hands in some countries. OK... Thief A gets his hands cut off, but that doesn't mean that Thief B will go "hey maybe I shouldn't steal" - it just means that Thief A has been neutralized.

"Murderer A" has been found guilty of murder. Why do we not neutralize him?

-Warik

nordstrom said:

Do you even care that by putting them in jail for life for other crimes (probably petty theft or assault) that the real rapist who destroyed that womans life was allowed to roam free? i think he raped & murdered a woman after the central park jogger rape because the cops were too busy trying to arrest the 5 teenagers.

And you obviously know little to nothing about police interrogation or social psychology. Read up about Michael crowe

Do you even care that people not guilty of a crime were put in jail while the real criminal was roaming free?

I think they were guilty. I think Reyes finished the job that they started. Criminals are opportunists. And police interrogation is a science developed to put the criminal on the defensive. That is how they get confessions. Do you think that little shit Crowe would confess if he was in his own home? They have to make them uncomfortable and take control of the situation.

Warik said:

No, it's not.

Appeals process aside, it costs more to keep someone in prison for life than it does to execute him.

Also, there's no guarantee that the person will remain in prison for life.

ALSO, where's the logic in a murderer living while his innocent victim dies?

I'm not suggesting that the death penalty is/should be a deterrent. Neither is the whole practice of cutting off a thief's hands in some countries. OK... Thief A gets his hands cut off, but that doesn't mean that Thief B will go "hey maybe I shouldn't steal" - it just means that Thief A has been neutralized.

"Murderer A" has been found guilty of murder. Why do we not neutralize him?

-Warik

again, the legal system favors those with money. so a person who is innocent facing a capital murder charge is more likely to go to his death than somone with money. use all your analogies you want, this is how it is.

how is there no guarantee that a prisoner will stay in prison for life? you've heard of life in prison without parole, right? if a person commits a capital murder type case, then he should get the no chance of parole, and should do hard labor instead of hanging out in the prison yard.

and in fact you're wrong, my cousin is a trial attourney in virginia, the cost of multiple appeals in additional to the cost of houseing and feeding a deathrow inmate is much more than keeping him in prison. regardless, when you're dealing with the chance of human life being taken, money should be not play a factor.

Warik said:

No, it's not.

-Warik

With the appeals process it costs more than three times as much to execute someone than to lock them up for life. The appeals process is the only reason that innocent people are having their convictions overturned. Without the appeals process their would have been 88 innocents killed by the government. Of course in your eyes they were all guilty of "something" even if it wasn't what they were sentenced for.

Fast Twitch Fiber said:

With the appeals process it costs more than three times as much to execute someone than to lock them up for life. The appeals process is the only reason that innocent people are having their convictions overturned. Without the appeals process their would have been 88 innocents killed by the government. Of course in your eyes they were all guilty of "something" even if it wasn't what they were sentenced for.

The reason death sentences cost more has nothing to do with the cost of appeals. All inmates appeal no matter what their sentence is. Death row inmates are isolated in individual cells. It costs more to house these inmates than it does those in general population. Since the appeals drag out the amount of time they spend on death row, it does cost more. But not by much. The extra costs are negated by the medical care required by older inmates who are not sentenced to die and those who get in fights or get sick. The financial argument is a last ditch effort on behalf of leftists to appeal to right-wing pro death penalty people. They falsely believe that money is all we care about. Fair trials and humane housing costs alot no matter how you look at it. And I don't care how much it costs, some people have to die for their crimes and that is it.

Top Bottom