Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fake Protein

Synpax

Putting aside the lose definition of isolate (I've seen products claim to be isolate with protein percentage as low as the high 60s)....

How do I know that the nutrition label is accurate? I recently got some 'isolate' that rates 88% protein but am suspicious as it is a new company.

Putting aside the lose definition of isolate (I've seen products claim to be isolate with protein percentage as low as the high 60s)....

How do I know that the nutrition label is accurate? I recently got some 'isolate' that rates 88% protein but am suspicious as it is a new company.

You absolutely do NOT know, supplements are not regulated by the FDA, which is why I find it hard to believe that some of these companies are being truthful on their labels about using PURE WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, because it damn expensive to source and some of the prices I see are very unrealistic.

Some other members in another thread here are bashing our Whey Protein Isolate for the high price, but you get what you pay for!

IronMagLabs Whey Protein Isolate is independently lab tested not only to ensure its pure isolate but for salmonella, lead and other nasty crap that you're probably ingesting using these CHEAP protein products that you THINK are Isolate.

I am not going to post our lab tests here but if you want to contact me privately I will provide them.

WE HAVE EVERY INGREDIENT IN EVERY ONE OF OUR PRODUCTS INDEPENDENTLY LAB TESTED!

You absolutely do NOT know, supplements are not regulated by the FDA, which is why I find it hard to believe that some of these companies are being truthful on their labels about using PURE WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, because it damn expensive to source and some of the prices I see are very unrealistic.

Some other members in another thread here are bashing our Whey Protein Isolate for the high price, but you get what you pay for!

IronMagLabs Whey Protein Isolate is independently lab tested not only to ensure its pure isolate but for salmonella, lead and other nasty crap that you're probably ingesting using these CHEAP protein products that you THINK are Isolate.

I am not going to post our lab tests here but if you want to contact me privately I will provide them.

WE HAVE EVERY INGREDIENT IN EVERY ONE OF OUR PRODUCTS INDEPENDENTLY LAB TESTED!

That is correct, the FDA does not regulate nutritional supplements.

The FDA has guidelines to follow and large companies are usually the ones the that adhere to it more so than the smaller ones. Companies must comply with the Dietary Supplement Current Good Manufacturing Practices as well. The FTC controls an acts against companies in regards to advertising products.

You should always double check a label to see an compare what the product states. For those that don't know how this works the formula is as follows:
Grams of protein per serving/grams per serving X 100. So if a product says its 90% protein and it has 35grams per serving scoop with 27 grams of protein, You would get 27/35=0.77 X 100 = 77.14 so the product is actually 77% protein and not 90.

Your call if you want to trust a company that doesn't get the math right.

the protein source is pure whey isolate, there is more in the powder than just protein isolate, e.g. flavoring, sweeteners, etc., however you will notice it has no sugars, fats and only 1 carb, if it were whey concentrate those numbers would get higher.

Disagree. Something with 20grams of splenda and 5grams of 100% Pure protein isolate per serving has no sugars, fats or carbs. Once its diluted down in any capacity to pull from the serving amount that the product is sold on means the overall product is no longer isolate.

Not ALL supplement companies are regulated but all fall under the same laws. Sure, maybe some fly by night companies try to skim here and there but it would be very stupid on their part. It takes too much time, effort and money to start a business and they can lose it in a flash trying to cut corners. Still, it's best to stay away from companies no one's seemed to hear of.

It goes both ways though. For example, Protein Factory always made sure that their product EXCEEDED label claims. On theor site they would even explain how something like protein concentrate is only about 70% useable protein. Meanwhile, a competitor tried to put them out of business by claiming they didn't meet label claims. And his evidence? He ran the tests HIMSELF! Yep. THAT was the what the suit was based on! And you know what? The judges were clueless as to how the supplement industry works so it dragged on and on and finally case dragged on and on they had to settle just so not to incur expenses. It was insult added to injury. A final vindication though -- since then, the competitor has since gone out of business and PF is going strong. But now they have to adhere to random testings at least once a year. If they ever show a misrepresentation they can be shut down. They always exceed.

So the long and short of it is, yeah, some companies may not be on the up and up, but the reputable ones are because they know at any time they're suspect to testing and it'd be insane not to meet requirements to save a few pennies because it can mean the end of their business.

Top Bottom