Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Web Sites?

monster2929

i am having a problem understanding why some sources are still using web sites, i just think it would be a no brainer to go with the secure email, if someone knows better let me know but it seems like it wold be a no brainer to me to use a secure email acct to do ur business, esp in light of all this recent bullshit, it just seems like it will become not "if" you will get busted but "when"

I think Ulter or Mr. X already expounded on this. Glad to see their idea is getting through, especially to so many original thinkers.

because sources want to make money. and with web site its just much easier. They dont want to deal with 10-20 customers only. why most of users use AOL, hotmail and other unsecure e-mail addresses? Trust me there is incredible amount of steroid users who dont realize that using those unsecure e-mail accounts is dangerous.

there are a few good ones out there which are very hard to find. some are considered lists with pictures. i dont see the problem. wouldnt most like to see what you are getting first?

Still there is as i have heard from very reputable people a backdoor into all the PgP...so that is jsut an illusion of privacy too. Makes it tougher but not much.

PolfaJelfa said:
Still there is as i have heard from very reputable people a backdoor into all the PgP...so that is jsut an illusion of privacy too. Makes it tougher but not much.

I'm not doubting you, but I'd love to hear more about this "backdoor" that a few folks talk about. I'm a security consultant to many companies, and I'm not a newbie at it. Back when NAI/McAfee held the PGP code, they didn't make it available to anybody for review. The rumours started.

PGP Corporation took over the product/code, and was plagued by rumours of a "backdoor", and that's why they release their source-code to the community now - and nobody has documented any backdoors in the code. The security community as a whole believes that PGP is solid - and that's saying a lot.

It's possible to mount an attack upon any computer, however: hypothetically, we could implant a keystroke logger on the victim's machine, and capture everything (s)he types, and dump that log to our server. Then, we'd have the victim's passphrase - and we'd be in. However, that's going to require that the victim somehow allows spyware to be implanted on his/her computer. A lot of security still comes down to the individual user.

In the UK, the lawmakers have a different strategy: if you're asked to provide your PGP key/passphrase as part of an investigation, and you refuse, you go to jail for 2 years.

If you can provide me with any documented "backdoors" in any version of PGP, I'd be happy to review them to the best of my ability. I'll even fund a code review to look for the existence of those backdoors in current code.

Why am I willing to do this? B/C if there is a backdoor, and I'm the first in the security world to publicize it, my billable rate is gonna go way up. :)

Let me see if i can get the brothers who told me this to post up more info. I am not a security expert. :)

Top Bottom