Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Test "killers" ?

Jackbeanstalk

I'm 57 and have been on Test Cyp inj., 125 mg. a week for 6 years. I'm also taking Vicodin for nerve tumors in my feet, Adderal (for ADHD), and anti-depressants (Wellbutrin). I don't know what my levels are, no insurance= no money for doctor visit. The clinic I go to for the other meds doesn't do HRT. I figured I'd ask you guys if any of these meds has a negative effect on T-levels. I also consume several beers a few times a week. Thanks for input, JB

Well since you are taking exogeneous testosterone neither of those meds are likely to have any effect on your test levels since you are already shut down and not producing any test yourself, or very little. However, antidepressants like Wellbutrin are known for having sexual side effects such as ED. Current studies have shown that antidepressants actually do more harm than good for the people that use them due to the side effects.

r u having any symptoms like ED , mood swings , lethargy (lack of energy).....???
what r ur concerns for ? like shavas said there r no worries for test production since ur on HRT in the first place.
the meds ur taking for ADHD may affect ur mood and ur arousal, eventhough both of them boosts dopamine and should do the opposite but it's still a matter of a ratio between neurotransmitters and ur meds may be screwing that. adderall is a psychostimulant and an aphetamine based drug that increase dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain and wellbuterin is not the regular SSRI anti depressant (like prosac and zoloft) that works on ihibiting the serotonine reuptake in the brain but it actually inhibit the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine too to hold them in ur brain.
in other words u should be taking one of them not both, i have ADHD too and tried many of these drugs, adderall and methylphenidate (ritalin) r anphetamine based drugs the strongest for ADHD but should be taken after several attempts with lesser and softer drugs that failed, like strattera and wellbuterin.... u may take wellbuterin when trying to stop adderall but taking both together u may end up with high levels of dopamine and norepinephrine which in turn screw tbings up and make u feel depressed agitated demotivated loss of desire and even suicidal thoughts, i suggests u check it with a psychiatrist and decide what's best for u. u may try Concerta (methylphenidate extended release) it has less fluctuations same as ritalin but slower release but alone. but of course this has to be confirmed bu ur psychiatrist first.
how long have u been on both drugs ? and how much (dose) ?

I used to feel "better" after a shot, within an hour or 2, now I can barely tell. I take Adderall 20mg.X 3, Prozac 10mg., Wellbutrin (went from 300mg. to 150mg.), Xanax twice a day, and have recently deleloped slight Hypertension and had to start a small dose of Synthroid. The vicodin, usually6 a day. I do drink beer, 8-10, 3-5 nights a week, getting ready to quit it. I get seen at the free clinic Tuesday for lab work, including T-levels. Is it true high T-levels can make you tired and depressed?

Long term use of vicodin will sut down your test production. After 2 years of use/abuse I had all the symptoms of low test. When I went in for my blood work my test came back at 191, very low. I was put on trt, but ultimately dropping the vicodin usegot me back to normal.

There are quite a few articles on the web about low testosterone from vicodin use. Hope that helps.

I appreciate you guy's info, I guess it sounds like a few "test-killers" are in my regimen. I've wondered about the Wellbutrin, X-man, it makes me feel that the Adderall does not work as well as it did before the doc started me on it, replacing Paxil. I take only 150mg a day, says to take 2, but I wanted to come off it. I guess I'll ask the doc about it, I'm on Adderall 20mg x 3. I do have ED trouble and have a lot of trouble climaxing. It's partly due, I think, to a hard lump at the penis base. A Uroligist called it something, said it was where I might have "bent it" during sex and all he could do is make a cut (YOUCH!) at the base to help the Johnson straighten out when erect (the lump makes it crooked when hard) so he wasn't much help. I was also told that my T levels were too high last time they checked them, at 1100 ng/dl and that could be causing fatigue and lethargy (?)

Maybe its just me but 8-10 beers 3-5 nights a week sound like a whole lot. That much might affect you also.

Are you on an anti estrogen. When undergoing TRT sometimes test is turned into estrogen. Also alcohol reduces test.

I can't post links yet so Google this

'MY CURRENT BEST THOUGHTS ON HOW TO ADMINISTER TRT FOR MEN' and read the Word document. Also Google the man who wrote it Dr. John Crisler.

Also Google and read this 'Dr. wants me to take Testosterone shots, what should I expect?' there's some guys on there that can answer all your questions. Not saying guys on here can't :)

Top Bottom