Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sense of Entitlement??

I think they have the potential to be a lot more informed, but they are just too lazy to try to learn anything. If they want to know a quick fix, they google shit on their phones, and that's that

Sent from my Droid using EliteFitness

I'm worried as hell at the direction we're going. It things like "Everyone get's an A so we don't hurt people's feelings yaaaay!" that is going to be the end of us. We're taking away everyone's incentive to bust their ass.

I work in heavy fabrication and we get these new crops of engineers coming in that show up thinking they are the shit. So we put them in the field on a grinder for a few weeks, cleaning our shops for a few weeks, the weld school for a few weeks, etc. All of this under some grumpy ass superintendent that just grills their asses. They either get snapped into the realization of Oh shit I gotta bust my Ass or they quit. It works. We end up with a crop of hard working folks that have some humility. Although now the ones that quit are probably sitting at home playing xbox collecting an umployment check.... so damn sad.

^^^ sounds like the fancy college grads I deal with at my job.. they come in thinking cause they partied for 5 years that they somehow are superior. they last usually 1 or 2 days before they blow up and quit.

thats why i hire dudes straight out of high school who are HUNGRY and who grew up poor and are fed up with it. those are the people who are the most motivated. I never hire college grads cause they are exactly what this thread is all about, they feel they are entitled.

well I'm a college grad but far from fancy. although I do know what you mean steve and i started college 20 yrs ago and I think attidudes have gone to shit... if u step back and look at decade by decade its easily visible in our workforce. I feel u earn the respect of your people by showing that you are willing to get your hands dirty too even though you're in charge. sadly our new up and comers are more focused on shedding blame and throwin others under the bus than taking responsibility. for a company's upper management this works because they don't see the details just the amount of total mistakes and whose tyipically at fault. there's much more to it of course but I know a lot of our best and brightest new mgrs and they are nothing but a bunch of self entitled snakes that turn you in to get a political edge if you mistakenly cost the company as little as 20 bucks. it sucks major balls!

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt.

I see exactly what you guys are saying! I have this friend who always was given everything in high school. A nice car, nice clothes, and everytging he wanted. He was also given extra spending money which he would just spend on the ganja.... Yeah so we used to,workout together. He would always be trying to rush through the workouts while I was trying to perfect form. He was asking me about getting all the best supps that,made me big. I just kept telling him: Stop smoking, clean up ur shitty diet, and go hard in the gym. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle, not an activity. He never did and stopped going to the gym. Then a couple weeks before spring break he comes to me cause he wants "to look ripped on the beach" and asks me where he can get some steroids. I just shook my head. I said no and told him to get his ass in the gym and on my diet plan (i set up a whole workout and diet for him) he didnt do it. We are the same age and I had to work two jobs while is high school and I had sports and im in the military so I always had respinsibilities. He did nothing and got spoon fed while I had to buy everything. The only thibg my parents paid for was my food and a bed to sleep in. I think that,is what,made the difference.

I listen to all the vets on hear and love u guys (no homo) for helping me so much

Sent from my VM670 using EliteFitness

This is in no way an attack at the OP or anyone in this thread, but i hate posts like this.

Do all you vets and mods think that in your youth you were non-arrogant, and totally respectful of those giving you advice, and your employers. . .

Come on, get in the real world guys. I'm young, i don't profess to be perfect, but don't tar the 'youth' with the same brush because of some of the idiots you meet on an anabolic steroids forum, or your snobby interns. . .

Eddymerc, great thread bro.

I never noticed that i fell into my own version of "goddamn fucking punk kids today" til about 2 years ago.
Thats when I guess I realized i was old enough to be far enough seperated from the next younger generation.
Kids are assholes. well...95% of them are. From grade school to high school and especially college age.
Its all aboout the quick fix, something for nothing.

Its the new generation. I hate to say it that way because it makes me sound old, but I see it everyhwere with younger people. Herfe in my business I get people applying for positions and they want o earn big, be important and dont know SHIT. To make it worse they are not even hard workers, they are lazy. At least give me a motherf%$#** who works his ass off and I will expect some overconfidence, but this is ridiculous.

The same things apply to lifting. Everyone wants to be huge without putting in the time. I think this why the dosages we read about have increased so much. People want to compensate with higher dosages vs harder work. Just look how many threads there have been from younger guys, or 160lbers.

This is in no way an attack at the OP or anyone in this thread, but i hate posts like this.

Do all you vets and mods think that in your youth you were non-arrogant, and totally respectful of those giving you advice, and your employers. . .

Come on, get in the real world guys. I'm young, i don't profess to be perfect, but don't tar the 'youth' with the same brush because of some of the idiots you meet on an anabolic steroids forum, or your snobby interns. . .

I will never claim to be non-arrogant when I was younger, and I for one will never use the term's "these kids now" or any of that bull shit because inside i'll always feel like "one of those kids" or whatever you may say...

However, even in my stupid ways when I was younger, I LISTENED to all the older guys or people with experience... At times, inside, I would think maybe they were wrong or just fucking dumb but I always tried to take something from what they were saying and listen and learn... The experience that someone has cannot be taken for granted nor can the knowledge... It made me learn so much more and it also gains you repsect from your peers when you listen, don't mouth off and don't think you know everything... Even if within, there are things you may not agree with, you will find later in life that you were wrong a lot of the time but much better off for being respectful or listening...

Trust me, it took me getting in a lot of trouble to finally grow the fuck up and I am a much better man for it now... I always listen and respect and never think I know everything and because of that, I have learned at a more accelerated pace and have been able to gain a lot more respect...

Top Bottom