Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Read this, Natural insulin manipulation and nutrient timing

nice. thtere is a really good book about all of this in great detail called Nutrient Timing. i follow many of the principles.

I think nutrient timing is overrated. No one ever got muscular by timing their meals really well.

Eat throughout the day.

Don't have too many carbs and avoid junk.

Use a high glycemic protein drink post workout.

Done.

Nelson Montana said:
I think nutrient timing is overrated. No one ever got muscular by timing their meals really well.

Eat throughout the day.

Use a high glycemic protein drink post workout. I think there is even a need for another high GI carb another 2 hours after pwo.

Done.

I think it helped me.

Nelson Montana said:

Eat throughout the day.

Use a high glycemic protein drink post workout.

Done.

But you'll get FAT if you get the timing wrong?

Enlighten me Nelson, how long after you eat, does it take for the proteins, nutrients, etc to be available?

Point is, if you eat half an hour after a work out, do you access the nutrients you've ingested straight away, or 3 hours later?

Seems to me all I gotta do is make sure all the relevant nutrients is avaliable in my bloodstream at all times. The how is pretty much summed up by Nelson. I think we can get too theoretical about this. Remember we have to be able to live our lives while doing this. My days are already structured to enable me to get 6-7 meals and train etc. so even while i feel i am very committed i think a theoretically founded scheduling of those meals would be more of a bother than i believe the benefits would be worth.

socket said:
But you'll get FAT if you get the timing wrong?

YOU'LL GET FAT IF YOU TIME YOUR MEALS WRONG? IS THAT WHY PEOPLE ARE FAT? I THOUGHT IT WAS BECAUSE THEY OVERATE AND UNDER EXERCISED.

Enlighten me Nelson, how long after you eat, does it take for the proteins, nutrients, etc to be available?

HOURS. THIS IS WHY ANY THEORY THAT SUGGESTS TIMING IS HORSESHIT. TAKING A CERTAIN NUTRIENT OR SUPPLEMENT THAT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE PRESENCE OF A COMPETING NUTRIENT IS RETARDED THINKING BECAUSE WHAT YOU ATE YESTERDAY IS STILL IN YOU. CARDIO IN THE MORNING ON AN EMPTY STOMACH IS A SILLY THEORY BECAUSE IT'S BASED ON THERE BEING NO AVAILABLE CARBS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T EAT. THERE ARE PLENTY OF AVAILABLE CARBS FROM THE DAY BEFORE. YOU'D HAVE TO FAST FOR DAYS BEFORE YOU WERE CARB DEPLETED. THE ONLY TIME THERE'S SOME BENEFIT TO TIMING IS POST WORKOUT, WHEN GLYCOGEN IS LOWER, BUT EVEN THEN, IT ISN'T A BIG DEAL. IT'S JUST EASY TO MAYBE GET MORE AMINOS IN THE BLOODSTREAM AND RAISE INSULIN WHICH PROMOTES ANABOLISM. IT'S SLIGHT, BUT IT'S A "WHY NOT" THING. ALL THE REST CAN BE SUMMED UP WITH WHAT I SAID IN THE LAST POST. ALL THAT TIMING CRAP IS A CROCK OF SHIT DESIGNED TO SELL STUFF AND FILL MAGAZINE SPACE. READ MORE: http://www.elitefitness.com/reports/truth/

..........................................................................................

Point is, if you eat half an hour after a work out, do you access the nutrients you've ingested straight away, or 3 hours later?

AS MENTIONED, YOU HAVE BETTER UPTAKE PWO. BUT IT ISN'T ALL THAT PRECISE. HOW DOES YOUR BODY KNOW IF YOU FINISHED YOUR WORKOUT OR WALKING HOME? AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WAIT TOO LONG AND GO HUNGRY, AND MAKE THAT MEAL A HIGH PROTEIN, HIGH CARB MEAL (PREFERABLY A SHAKE AND THE PERFECT TIME FOR SUPER PLASMA PROTEIN) YOU'LL BE FINE.

"The best carbs at this time are juices with higher sucrose to fructose content such as grape, orange, tangerine."
Now i'm confused, i thought u weren't supposed to drink fruit juice PWO.

alexl2 said:
"The best carbs at this time are juices with higher sucrose to fructose content such as grape, orange, tangerine."
Now i'm confused, i thought u weren't supposed to drink fruit juice PWO.

It is fine to drink but imo fructose is not high enough in general on the glycemic index scale. Though I am not convinced about the sucrose.

I prefer to eat the necessary PWO carbs. Shoot for dextrose.

Top Bottom