Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Painkillers?

I know painkillers can make your stool hard and numb your appetite but other than that liver problems, forgetfulness and mood swings.

JKurz1 said:
Here is my problem...hopefully u can assist. I have been taking vics on and off for prob. 2 years for severe pain. I have never ever taken more than 1 at a time for a total of 2 a day. However, this lasted all of the past two years, prob. not mising a day for a good year of at least 1/2 tab.

Anyways, I have flushed all them today. Completely gone. It's been 24 hours since I had a tab and I was ok all day...now, I'm getting the cold flashes big time...freezes....hands and feet are white and cold....head hurts....these are obvious symptons of wd? How long does this take? Do I need to just muster through today and tonight and will it e better tomorrow?

Here's the deal brotha. When you have been on pain meds for as long as you have been, your body is filled with vicodin in all areas of your body. These wd's that you are experiencing might last up to 4 days - and it takes 11 days for it to be completely out of your system. The best way to stop taking vicodin is like this:

if you are currently taking 2 a day - let's say 1 in the morning and 1 at night start tapering like this:

1 full one in the morning

1/2 a tab at your next dosage time.

do this for atleast 5-6 days. The plan here is to reduce the overall vicodin (hydro) in your system. Sort of like how gear builds up and peaks in your system and then taper off.

then after your body gets used to taking 1 1/2 a day, now, for the next 5-6 days, take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night.

Then after 5-6 days, take 1/2 in the morning and nothing for the rest of the day or a 1/4 pill.

Continually reduce it by small amounts until you get down to 1/2 a day or 1 a day and then just stop. If you get the runs, take immodium. Usually for vico withdrawl the normal dosage of 1-2 pills won't work, so most will take up to 8 to do the trick. Immodium is actually an altered opium so when taken in high dosages, you won't feel high, but your system will react like it does have some in your system and the wd's won't be as bad.

You can start replacing one of your dosages near night time with benadryl cough syrup or robatussin night to reduce the wd pains / chills or runs.

gl

Vicodine,

I don’t understand how some people (speaking about myself) can be addicted to one drug and not even notice other drugs.

I go to AA meetings, my drug is Booze, there are NA meetings for people addicted to opium’s like vicodine.

I would recommend NA,
only AA got me sober, and I believe NA uses the same 12 steps, it is free, only requirement, is a desire to get sober.

sparetire said:
Here's the deal brotha. When you have been on pain meds for as long as you have been, your body is filled with vicodin in all areas of your body. These wd's that you are experiencing might last up to 4 days - and it takes 11 days for it to be completely out of your system. The best way to stop taking vicodin is like this:

if you are currently taking 2 a day - let's say 1 in the morning and 1 at night start tapering like this:

1 full one in the morning

1/2 a tab at your next dosage time.

do this for atleast 5-6 days. The plan here is to reduce the overall vicodin (hydro) in your system. Sort of like how gear builds up and peaks in your system and then taper off.

then after your body gets used to taking 1 1/2 a day, now, for the next 5-6 days, take 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night.

Then after 5-6 days, take 1/2 in the morning and nothing for the rest of the day or a 1/4 pill.

Continually reduce it by small amounts until you get down to 1/2 a day or 1 a day and then just stop. If you get the runs, take immodium. Usually for vico withdrawl the normal dosage of 1-2 pills won't work, so most will take up to 8 to do the trick. Immodium is actually an altered opium so when taken in high dosages, you won't feel high, but your system will react like it does have some in your system and the wd's won't be as bad.

You can start replacing one of your dosages near night time with benadryl cough syrup or robatussin night to reduce the wd pains / chills or runs.

gl

THANKS BOSS...however one problem....I stopped cold turkey. Tonight will be 72 hours. Numbess, tingle, direahea, hot flashes, loss of appetite, pain...I've felt em all....but I refuse to take another to cope. Am I thorugh the worst of it? It's weird some hours I feel fine and good, then others it hits me like a brick and I feel like hell......think today will be the end?

I also had a shitty nights sleep....will taking benedryl or nyquil be harmful, i.e. not allow for my full detox of pain meds?

In the future, what can I take for pain? Advil? Asprin?

take the benadryl brotha or NyQuil. Even though your not taking vicodins with Tylenol, your experience pain from the withdrawal. Taking NyQuil has Tylenol in it and will help you with the withdrawal. Take a few imodium (ad i believe) and that will stop the diarrhea, but the rest is up to you. The problem with stopping cold turkey is not so much the withdrawls but the high blood pressure you should be concerned with. Check it regularly and make sure it doesn't get to high. That's why they say taper off slowly so your heart and brain gets used to the lower dosages. hope that helps..take care bro

day 3....feel like hell...benedryl only...no pain meds whatsoever.....nyquil has tylenol, why would I want that????? no way....my blood pressure is off the charts LOW!

JKurz1 said:
THANKS BOSS...however one problem....I stopped cold turkey. Tonight will be 72 hours. Numbess, tingle, direahea, hot flashes, loss of appetite, pain...I've felt em all....but I refuse to take another to cope. Am I thorugh the worst of it? It's weird some hours I feel fine and good, then others it hits me like a brick and I feel like hell......think today will be the end?

Try and get outside and go for a walk or a slow jog. You have gone this far. If you want to get back to normal "asap". Exercise and Sweat. You endorphins need to be kicked in the ass. Trust me you will feel better and the blah feelings will be reduced if you are able to exercise. Go cut your lawn .. Move around it will pay off. Pain meds shut off your natural endorphins. Anything that will jump start them will help you. Good Luck you are almost there....

JKurz1 said:
day 3....feel like hell...benedryl only...no pain meds whatsoever.....nyquil has tylenol, why would I want that????? no way....my blood pressure is off the charts LOW!

i was suggesting the benedryl to help you sleep while taking the cough meds will help with the pain wds. as long as your bp isn't high, u'll be fine.

Top Bottom