Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

intra muscular insulin question...

adoniscomplex

I have used insulin sucessfully now for two, six week cycles, and loved the results.

Someone frome another thread I was reading stated something about doing intra muscular insulin injections, as it had a "faster onset time".

My best friend is an insulin dependant diabetic, and he told me that insulin will not become very actaive, if at all, if it is injected intramuscular.

I like doing it the intended way myself, but

I was just wondering if some one KNOWS that intramuscular injections work effectaively? :confused:

I was just wondering.

i cant imagine why you would want to inject intramuscular over subcutaneous. the drug is supposed to be injected subcutaneously and is very effective that way. dont see any reason to mess with it.

Nutri-Wrestler said:
my friend is a type 1 and he prefers intramuscular
why does he prefer intramuscular? i can't see why anyone would want to mess with something that works so well in the first place.

With log I do not see much point in IM shots but with R the reason is to get it into your system MUCH faster. IM shots with R have an onset MUCH closer to that of humalog...... so people do it for the benefits of log while having the availability and price of R.

Getting it into your system faster is not the issue. Humalog gets in plenty fast. The potential advantage of IM is getting it out of your system faster so your body can resume fat burning. As long as insulin levels are high lipolysis is inhibted. I prefer IM for this reason. The increased blood flow in the muscle means quicker peak insulin plasma levels and faster clearance time.

Top Bottom