Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! Losing weight, not sure if it's a good thing

So you are taking 100mg of Test total per week?

Most people that train hard 2-5 hours per day can expect to lose weight.. even if you are consuming a lot of calories. It may be overkill.

If your workouts are starting to suffer, and you are not recovering the same.. you may need to slow it down a little.

Shit, been a while since I've been on these forums (used to be active more back when I was training Kickboxing/BJJ in college and getting competitive), forgot to include y'alls quotes with my replies, hopefully it all makes sense... (kind of went in reverse order of response).

Yah, 2-4 hours of that is martial arts training for technical skills though. I would classify that time as follows:
Relatively high intensity = Muay Thai, BJJ (usually)
Medium Intensity = JKD, BJJ (sometimes), Kali (sometimes)
Low Intensity - Wing Chun, Kali (usually)

Then I've got about 70 - 80 minutes, 3x per week for actual strength training (including dynamic warm-ups and post-workout static stretching).

Then that 1 hour per week on speed/agility drills. Usually 30s-60s high intensity, followed by 60s-90s rest, for majority of 60-70 minutes.

MMA is a hell-of-a sport... got to be technical, but also strong and fast. I've been pushing myself, just to that point of overtraining, but then I usually back off for a couple weeks (by taking 1 week with half the usual martial arts training, then 1 week with zero weightlifting or condition - i.e. martial arts only). I usually do that 2 week "break" every 6-8 weeks.

I also take lots of CBD, Tumeric, Fish Oil, BCAAs, etc. to fight off the tendonitis.

I was getting regular massages too, but adding the BJJ coach back into my schedule took out my massage budget šŸ˜•

So many issues. Firstly you're in weights section 5x a week AND doing sparring work as well

Nah, I'm doing Bill Starr's 5x5 program. So I'm lifting 3x per week. That said, I do intend to adjust it though. I've got a thread on that in the weights section of the forum.

I also don't spar everyday. I only Spar each Saturday morning. The other training sessions are drills, so it's not as intense.

Top Bottom