Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frustrated "lurker" - blood pressure

monstertruck

Hi, must confess that I'm a daily lurker too - promise I'll post more!

I've had high blood pressure for about ten years and am currently evaluated a new medication due to an allergic reaction to the last meds. A diuretic alone didn't lower it at all, so now I'm trying diuretic plus beta blocker. I don't take anything else except a multi vitamin.

Been lifting seriously for the last 3 years. I lift heavy, follow a four day split and do cardio 4 to 5 times/week for 45 to 60 min. Diet is good, right now I'm doing a carb rotation thing and have begun to drop some fat (thanks guys!). I'm at about 17% bf right now. I have NO other health issues, super low cholesterol too. At one point after I started lifting heavy the bp dropped enough that we tried no medication - bp crept back up to the 150's over 90's. I do have a very strong family history of high bp - both parents and brother but none of them are remotely active!!!!

So I go to have it checked today and it ranged from 140/80 (nurse) to 160/90(doc). Doc is moderately concerned and wants a "full" blood workup done ( they already took blood). Here's one of my questions - are there any additional blood tests that would help out, other than what he considers a full workup? What would bloodwork tell him, anyway? Also, it's my understanding that heavy lifting or any lifting for that matter wouldn't have a negative effect on bp, right? Figured if anything it would help it?

I'd appreciate any help or ideas anyone has - I guess I'm mostly looking for reassurance and someone to tell me it's okay to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm otherwise healthier and stonger than I've ever been. Thanks!

Top Bottom