Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New baby, when the hell do I get to the gym

The MN Bulk

I am the proud dad of a 7 week old baby boy. The problem is that I am also a fat ass that hasn't been to the gym in 7 weeks. I work full time so that eats up most of my day and I've been averaging like 4 hours of sleep. Any advice from you all with kids? This is really starting to piss me off!

Assuming the normal man/wife arrangement...
Make an arrangement with the Baby's Mamma(sorry) so you take care of it during the evening.
She agree's to take care and get up in the mornings.

Find a gym with early hours or 24/7
Get your lazy ass out of bed at say 05:00 am and go to the Gym
Shower there and go to work after..

I get 2 or more hours, M-F at the Gym this way and these hours are when both the baby and mamma are probably asleep.

She probably get the baby up and dressed in the morning anyway, right ?
She get the evening when you get home to relax as you take over.

or....
Find a gym that has child minding..
I'm not sure what the minimum age is for those places.. but I think most fitness worlds have them...
Ryan

DrBones said:
or....
Find a gym that has child minding..
I'm not sure what the minimum age is for those places.. but I think most fitness worlds have them...
Ryan

I believe I have heard 6 months, generally. My wife and I are lookng into the same thing for this September.

By the way, congratulations, The MN Bulk. :)

Joker

Y_Lifter said:
Assuming the normal man/wife arrangement...
Make an arrangement with the Baby's Mamma(sorry) so you take care of it during the evening.
She agree's to take care and get up in the mornings.

That is the current arrangement however the baby sleeps in our room and wakes me up regardless. He generally has a long period during the night where he cries no matter what we do. I think I will just start going to bed at like 10 until he wakes up and leave then. It is a 24/7 place so WTF.

JOKER47 said:

I believe I have heard 6 months, generally. My wife and I are lookng into the same thing for this September.

By the way, congratulations, The MN Bulk. :)

Joker

The place that I go it is 3 months.

Thanks Joker!

Y_Lifter said:
7 Weeks old..

Sugguestion #2
Get that kid, if you can, into his own room ASAP....

I strongly second that. The sooner you get him into his own room, the sooner he will start sleeping through the night.

Joker

I would head to the gym, as soon as you got the baby to sleep. Make some sort of agreement with your wife, so she won't be pissed when you leave. Also try to join a 24 hour gym in your area, you can sometimes sneak in an hour on off peak hours. You won't have a fixed time each day, but its better than staying home and getting fat.

For me, I don't feel guilty being away from my Wife and Daugher in the Early Morning because they are still asleep.

In the evening is when I spend time with them..

Top Bottom