Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Lifting on a tight Schedule

ArmaniMark

I am gonna start going to law school part time at the end of August, all while I still work 8-5 as an engineer at a supplier. My classes will start at 6 and end before 10 o`clock (not sure exact time, for each day) M-Th. Most of my time on the weekends will be dedicated to studying, however I want to still work out Fri, Sat, Sun to maintain.

Does anyone on here lift on a tight schedule like I am going to do ? I need some advice because weightlifting has been a part of my life since i was 16 (7 years ago) and I really think that if i take it out now, I won't be able to function mentally.

If anyone can give me some good advice or maybe a routine please help a brotha out. I won't expect to add a ton of mass during my law school years but I want to at least maintain. Thanks

I'm not a huge fan of "Abbreviated Training" but I recently bought "Beyond Brawn, Expanded" I believe it is...by Stuart McRobert and it is pretty decent. Training 2x a week.

He seems to write a lot of his ideals towards the person who wants to progress yet is on a tight schedule for whatever reasons.

B True

Im in the same boat as you. I'm just going to make sure I only do the basic compound lifts. Bench, squat, deads, BBrows, and a few others. Just be careful, on a schedule like that you'll be so tired.

Mornings.

Well I can relate to a tight schedule, as I am a full time lawyer.
I have worked out constantly throughout my university studies and it has not stopped just because I work full-time.
I was able to do so, by buying my own professional industrial gym equipment and by working out in the mornings (about 6-7:30am) six days a week, with Sundays off. The only problem with having a 115KG frame is looking more like a mean gorilla in a suit than a serious academic professional 8_).

If there is a will, there will always be a way.

Re: Mornings.

HAPPYKC said:
The only problem with having a 115KG frame is looking more like a mean gorilla in a suit than a serious academic professional 8_).

Eh, all the more convincing. ;) Representin!

ArmaniMark said:
I am gonna start going to law school part time at the end of August, all while I still work 8-5 as an engineer at a supplier. My classes will start at 6 and end before 10 o`clock (not sure exact time, for each day) M-Th. Most of my time on the weekends will be dedicated to studying, however I want to still work out Fri, Sat, Sun to maintain.

Does anyone on here lift on a tight schedule like I am going to do ? I need some advice because weightlifting has been a part of my life since i was 16 (7 years ago) and I really think that if i take it out now, I won't be able to function mentally.

If anyone can give me some good advice or maybe a routine please help a brotha out. I won't expect to add a ton of mass during my law school years but I want to at least maintain. Thanks

Easy ...
Sent you a PM. :)

Go with a UPush/UPull/Legs split. Stick to the compund movements and if you feel the need throw in a few iso sets (curls, etc). If you know the olymic lifts throw those in there too.

DC Training is pretty good - especially for tight workout schedules. You're only in the gym 3x a week and you hit each bodypart 3 times in 2 weeks. Your diet will mostly determine if you add weight or not. But with your busy schedule, I wouldn't place a whole lot of emphasis on it.

Top Bottom