Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Squat Rack?! What to do?!

CLEANS!

:D
That was FUN!!!

Did cleans with my friend at the university gym. We were literally back in a corner & yet we still had an audience. One dude even stood barely 6 feet in front of me just STARING (like not even casual about it - wasn't anything behind me he coulda been looking at!).

Anyway, my lower back was SOORE! Yeah, I know, shouldn't use lower back. Every time I did a rep utilizing too much lower back I knew it immediately. So just have to keep working at it & perfecting my form.

;) Love learning new stuff!

my gym doesn`t have a squat or power rack either. my gym sucks, basically. it has no free dipping center either.

if it wouldn`t be for me complaining they wouldn`t even have a free chin bar.

so.... i smith squat and leg press. i realise its not exactly optimal but all the other gyms in town bitch about me being too young to lift :confused:

Robert Jan said:
has no free dipping center either.
Using a treadmill!!! Another suggestion from my friend who taught me cleans. The hand rails on either side of the treadmill should work for dips.
Too young? I thought most gyms would allow anyone 16 or 18 to join, & what do you mean they 'bitch'? I would think so long as you pay your monthly dues, they don't give a darn what you do when you actually are in the gym (or if you even COME to the gym!).

Glad to hear you enjoyed them. Perhaps some of the stress in your lower back is from not being used to moving a weight that fast. But it is funny how the quick lifts are pretty self-instructional. If you are doing something really wrong, you will feel it.

Top Bottom