Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help - calf raises problem

I have had foot pain in the arch of my foot when doing calves. I just stopped doing them for about a week or 10 days and it was ok when I started again. Listen to your body.

Thanks backlash!

Last week I figured that since the pain went away within a few days I'd be ok. Oops.

Might possible be a touch of plantar fasciitis....maybe from straining your arch on your calf raises?

Do a web search and see if you have similar symptoms....

I got this after a severe heel bruise playing basketball....went away by streching all parts of foot/toes/calf...does it hurt in the morning?

Thanks callthedoctor. I looked into it just now, it seems that the pain is normally (yet not limited to) more towards the heel rather the middle under arch where I have been having it.

The information I found recommended rest and stretching, which is what you guys have told me to do anyway :). If I get the pain again next time I do calf raises (2 weeks), I'll look more into this.

-Thanks very much

Thanks bigsteve

I haven't done calf-raises since friday but today while walking home from the gym the pain in my arch came back. I had to walk on the side of my foot lol...

Would anti-inflammatories be only a temporary solution?

try a different foot position.. i had the same problem a long time ago and found by rotating your feet either outside or inside it took away the pain. I know this works works your calves differently but it just took me some getting used to the weight on my arches.

Top Bottom