Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I bought my first gym membership!!

I'm lucky, my company has a corporate rate with the gym so I get a membership for $25 per month. The membership includes a machine orientation, use of all the machines and all of the aerobic classes that they offer for no additional charge.

They have tanning beds that I can use if I purchase a tanning package separately.

They sell supps & have a smoothie bar too.

Heya :wavey:

Well done for joining a gym!! If ever you feel lost or unsure about any of the machines or anything, ask someone - that's what they're there for! Although going by gym staff over here, you might be better asking the knowledgable looking people working out in the gym rather than working there, you get lots of idiots working in gyms over here!

$30 a month?? That'd be awesome here without classes, but with that's really really good! My old gym (Fitness First, don't know if you have them in America...) was about $60 a month with classes, but the place was sooo annoying with really pushy dicks working there who just try to rob you of all your money, and lots of posers who go there for the sauna and nothing else hehe. I think I've found a new one now though, for about the same price, but with a swimming pool too!

Anyway yeah, heya :)

Hey que! your gym sounds NOTHING like any gym I've ever heard of. our town is really small, we have the equipment, the TVs, the music, the trainers, the locker rooms but.. jesus, yours has a smoothie bar?

Things are going well thus far! ;) I've been getting 1 1/2 hours in 4 times a week. I want to get more in, but i have been working almost full time : -\ Next week I'll get more time in for sure :) The one thing though that has been bothering me, is my diet.. I've combined egg whites in my diet with chicken wraps.. and when I can't think of what to eat, i go for low fat cottage cheese/can of tuna light.. when I get tired of that, I start to binge on things like CHIPS, sandwiches, cereals, mostly everything with high carbs. and whatever else is laying out... I picked up somewhere that 1g to 1.5g of protein x lean body mass is what I should be getting in, if i want to build muscle.

And I must add, the people at my gym have been so nice! Today I actually got a ride home from the owner of the gym, he said he had to go to CostCo anyway. He said I should definitely not need that much protein.. since I am trying to get lean elongated muscles, not hard gains.. they had this book for sale at the front end, called "Just Eat" by this girl I actually went to school with. I read a little bit of that... I think my best bet is to take a look at some of these logs you guys have. :) Any ideas for meals are def welcome

Waka said:
Hey que! your gym sounds NOTHING like any gym I've ever heard of. our town is really small, we have the equipment, the TVs, the music, the trainers, the locker rooms but.. jesus, yours has a smoothie bar?

Things are going well thus far! ;) I've been getting 1 1/2 hours in 4 times a week. I want to get more in, but i have been working almost full time : -\ Next week I'll get more time in for sure :) The one thing though that has been bothering me, is my diet.. I've combined egg whites in my diet with chicken wraps.. and when I can't think of what to eat, i go for low fat cottage cheese/can of tuna light.. when I get tired of that, I start to binge on things like CHIPS, sandwiches, cereals, mostly everything with high carbs. and whatever else is laying out... I picked up somewhere that 1g to 1.5g of protein x lean body mass is what I should be getting in, if i want to build muscle.

And I must add, the people at my gym have been so nice! Today I actually got a ride home from the owner of the gym, he said he had to go to CostCo anyway. He said I should definitely not need that much protein.. since I am trying to get lean elongated muscles, not hard gains.. they had this book for sale at the front end, called "Just Eat" by this girl I actually went to school with. I read a little bit of that... I think my best bet is to take a look at some of these logs you guys have. :) Any ideas for meals are def welcome
I still consider myself to be a newbie but from everything I've read on this site (and others) you should have 1 to 1.5 g of protein per pound of bodyweight. Protein fuels your muscles wether you want them long and strong or you want them bigger.

Standard 40/30/30 is what I'm doing. I weigh 155.5 so my calorie range is 10 to 12 times my body weight & protein is 1-1.5g per lb of body weight. Calorie range:1555-1866, Protein Range: 155-233. It's working for me.

I have a hard time deciding what my meals should be so I eat the same menu everyday for a week and then change the next week. It works for me.

Some of the ladies are just downright gifted at changing up their menus. Rooneytunes always has fabulous food so be sure to check her thread!

We all fall off the wagon but there's always an EF arm extended to help you back up, dust you off and point you in the right direction.

You CAN do this. So no binging! :velvett:

Ackkk wow... Im sorry I completely ditched this post!

To be honest, things arent going as planned. I ate sensibly for a week and a half, went to the gym 4-5 times a week, then completely lost it when I had a cheat meal. Partly because I neglected to buy healthy things when I went grocery shopping, and partly self control. :confused:

I havent been to the gym since Friday. I woke up today, and realized i need to buy some groceries here but I wont be able to till later today for a ride. I had.... a portion of steak and COKE (the one thing I said I would never drink again)! AHh and for breakfast. I am completely off any routine I had going. I think i should go take a multivitamin and hit the gym later today.... motivation is pretty low now though :worried:

Waka said:
Ackkk wow... Im sorry I completely ditched this post!

To be honest, things arent going as planned. I ate sensibly for a week and a half, went to the gym 4-5 times a week, then completely lost it when I had a cheat meal. Partly because I neglected to buy healthy things when I went grocery shopping, and partly self control. :confused:

I havent been to the gym since Friday. I woke up today, and realized i need to buy some groceries here but I wont be able to till later today for a ride. I had.... a portion of steak and COKE (the one thing I said I would never drink again)! AHh and for breakfast. I am completely off any routine I had going. I think i should go take a multivitamin and hit the gym later today.... motivation is pretty low now though :worried:
We've all fallen off the wagon, so to speak and when you're off the wagon and you feel like you're under it........look up and you'll see that we have all carved our names on the underneath side of it. ;)

I hear ya on the grocery shopping thing......had to force myself to go grocery shopping today. It's not my favorite activity.

So no more beating yourself up ok? You need that energy for the gym. :elephant:

Top Bottom