Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hip issues with leg days

did you just recently change your style (stance) for squatting? if you are using more of a PL style (wider stance) then you are incorporating your hips more. this will cause them to be sore, because you are using muscles that you dont normally use when you squat

CoolColJ said:
yeah, but elevate the front leg on a block if you can so your bdoiy can sink down as it fatigue and stretch out - let it do this. No weights, bodyweight is challanging enough! for 1min. Just one per side. But rest at least 2mins between sides, preferable 3 - you will need it :)

these work fast, after a few session you should see your hip flexors and glutes much more flexible. Also try and stay as upright as you can, look up a bit

After things improve you just do them after your workout to keep things from regressing.

You might want start doing em a day or 2 ahead of your leg workout, to get the ball rolling fast

I've done these off and on for several months now, although I never knew they had a name! :)

I do them as a variation on a lunge, but they're excellent for flexibility. But yeah, you don't want to worry about loading up a bunch of weight. Form and body position are the main concerns.

Top Bottom