Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Ghetto" workout?

gjohnson5 said:
In most cases, yes. I would say black dudes are more agressive and confrontational then white dudes.

I must say thats quite ignorant. Thats like saying white folks can't jump or dance. Thats not true and is not standard for the race.

As with negroid, WTF is that, did u just make that up or something?

jeze said:
I must say thats quite ignorant. Thats like saying white folks can't jump or dance. Thats not true and is not standard for the race.

As with negroid, WTF is that, did u just make that up or something?

I was deciding wheather or not to argue this , but it seem that I have to become agressive myself now. Being mostly black and living in black neighborhoods I can attest from personal experience that young black males and females ARE infact confrontational and agressive. Older black people will become controntation upon being agitated. There's nothing ignorant about that. If you lived in an areas where your agressiveness may spell life or death , then you would have to rise up to the occasion as well.

Also it appears that you are the ignorant one as you do not know the three species of homo sapiens. Maybe you should read up before commenting.

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/soc/355lect02.htm

gjohnson5 said:
I was deciding wheather or not to argue this , but it seem that I have to become agressive myself now. Being mostly black and living in black neighborhoods I can attest from personal experience that young black males and females ARE infact confrontational and agressive. Older black people will become controntation upon being agitated. There's nothing ignorant about that. If you lived in an areas where your agressiveness may spell life or death , then you would have to rise up to the occasion as well.

Also it appears that you are the ignorant one as you do not know the three species of homo sapiens. Maybe you should read up before commenting.

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/soc/355lect02.htm

That first link is a bad link. It talks about race in a sociological sense. I don't care how society views people's skin color. In terms of scientific physical anthropology this is more explanatory.

http://www.fsark.com/Multicultural/race.html

And Actually I found this link that talks about the begining of mankind starting out as negroids. I have been looking for such a document for a long time. But all this "original man" stuff doesn't really matter in 2004

http://clcpages.clcillinois.edu/home/soc460/KEMET1.HTM

I'm not ignorant. Actually I said "As with negroid, WTF is that, did u just make that up or something?" jokingly because I really did not know anything about that word but obviously typing lacks emotions.

With the aggressiveness, I guess you do have a point, but I would think this would depend on social class to some extent.

jeze said:
I'm not ignorant. Actually I said "As with negroid, WTF is that, did u just make that up or something?" jokingly because I really did not know anything about that word but obviously typing lacks emotions.

With the aggressiveness, I guess you do have a point, but I would think this would depend on social class to some extent.

But you understand where I come from right? There is a whole science devoted to the difference in black , white and asian, and the evolution of man. And this is anthropology.

As far as young black people being agressive , unfortunately I bet I could pull up incarceration statistics and it would (with biases of course) prove my point but in this case where ther's smoke there's fire. We do react instead of thinking. We do jump to conclusions instead of analyzing. So we have music groups like "sounds of blackness" devoted to sending the message of "keep your head up" to our people because I think to a certain extent we have lost focus on what is really important... And as KRS1 said to "control a positive destiny"

plrpower said:
i do wonder the same as jeze. When I was in high school there were a few black kids that knew nothing about eating right , drank and smoked weed. This is not a attack on black people. But these guys were jacked like 5'11 200 at least and like 17 years old. I can see were they are small compaired to Flex but some have a hard time getting as big as these guys eating right and lifting for years.
No offense taken. My brother is 1 year younger than me but bigger(i still can kick his ass) but he works out by doing those body only excercise. Here all I knew was push ups, lifting dumbells, and sit ups and thats the same what my brother knows so we did that. Until I came on this site and learned so much. Basically they workout alot because here, besides smoking, drinking, and fucking the only thing left to do is lift.

gjohnson, i take your point, and it's quite possible that a certain genetic line has better explosive capabilities, but like i said i think there are other factors to consider like cultural stuff. until more thorough research is done into this stuff it's really hard to be SURE why blacks or whites dominate a certain sport.

Gymnastics isn't a purely explosive sport, ok. But I don't say 'HEY ONLY WHITES AND ASIANS GET MEDALS. BLACK PEOPLE JUST AREN'T THAT COORDINATED.' There are alternate explanations (societal, cultural) and I can't tell which one is the RIGHT one just by guessing.

Also oly weightlifting IS an explosive sport with not much technique and all the greats are white, arabic, asian, etc, not black. I don't say 'WHITE PEOPLE ARE STRONGER' because there are too many alternate explanations that i can't rule out. get what i'm saying? maybe white/asian people ARE better gymnasts, maybe black people ARE better sprinters/football players, but I'm just saying there's not really a way to be SURE about it currently though you can make conjectures.

Tagio said:
Gymnastics isn't a purely explosive sport, ok. But I don't say 'HEY ONLY WHITES AND ASIANS GET MEDALS. BLACK PEOPLE JUST AREN'T THAT COORDINATED.' There are alternate explanations (societal, cultural) and I can't tell which one is the RIGHT one just by guessing.

Also oly weightlifting IS an explosive sport with not much technique and all the greats are white, arabic, asian, etc, not black. I don't say 'WHITE PEOPLE ARE STRONGER' because there are too many alternate explanations that i can't rule out. get what i'm saying? maybe white/asian people ARE better gymnasts, maybe black people ARE better sprinters/football players, but I'm just saying there's not really a way to be SURE about it currently though you can make conjectures.

You skipped the part I wrote about dealing with money, which is definitly a social issue. If people were getting shoe and clothes endorsements in gymnastics or weightlifing , I guarantee you more black folk would get into it.

A sport like gymastics also requires a person to spend tons of money in training at a specialized school. Most black folk in America cannot afford such training. Football , Basketball , Baseball, Track only require you to go to public school/college . The school provides all equipment and training. Therefore there really isn't a big enough cross section of the black community in these sports , then it's a bad comaprison. In order to do any population studies , you need a certain percentage of the population involved. This is just standard statistics.

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on the black guys are more agressive than white guys thing. I grew up in the so called ghetto, or at least the lowest income predominantly black neighborhood in my city. What I learned is that alot of black guys "ACT" more agressive to impress and intimidate others. This is a fact. I know alot of white guys that do not act tough or agressive that could whoop the living criznap outta most agressive type black guys. It's mostly an act. Just like I see these wanna-be tough guy brothas walking along in a NICE neighborhood all ghetto'd up from the feet up, yet their parents make $80,000+ and they did not grow up in the quote unquote ghett0. For most, it's all an ACT. The real tough guys are the guys that keep to themselves or remain calm in tense situations. Those are the guys you gotta watch out for. I know, I was one of the few white guys that got left alone for the most part because I backed my shit up and didn't act all hard or go looking for trouble, but I got respect because people knew that I was so-called tough and or agressive if you fucked with me and still am. I'm not hating on the bro's either because most of my friends were black or african-american, whatever. I had buddies that acted hella hard all the time and were tough, but once you got to know them they weren't really more agressive than others, they just put on the act so they didn't appear weak and wouldn't get messed with. Actions speak louder than words. BIG talkers are usually weak hearted/willed. Walk softly and carry a BIG fuckin BOOM-stick. :evil:

GhettoStudMuffin said:
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on the black guys are more agressive than white guys thing. I grew up in the so called ghetto, or at least the lowest income predominantly black neighborhood in my city. What I learned is that alot of black guys "ACT" more agressive to impress and intimidate others. This is a fact. I know alot of white guys that do not act tough or agressive that could whoop the living criznap outta most agressive type black guys. It's mostly an act.

I'm trying to find a way to say this without sounding too racist...
You are from Western Washington.... Washington State or Washington DC?? I doubt seriously if you mean DC.

Back home (Savannah, GA) white cops don't even drive through my neighborhood... Everyone is pretty much related to me and we pretty much take care of business ourselves.

And it was the same way in New Orleans as well.. No disresperct but I didn't see any white guys getting props in St Bernard , Desire Housing Projects , or Old Algiers. These places are know for being especially violent and have histories.

http://www.gnocdc.org/orleans/7/16/snapshot.html

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2004-02-10/news_feat.html

This might be myth where you're from , but where I'm from people become statistics really quick... To the point where the mayor is practically begging for help and the City has become #1 in murder ... again. It's no myth.

Top Bottom