Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Ghetto" workout?

actually I was saying i WOULD like to see a study :)

you're right, lots of sports are dominated by black people, but that alone doesn't really prove anything because there are so many other factors. if black people dominate the NFL, why don't they dominate the olympic weightlifting world championships in the 85-105 classes? (black people are rare in these classes) If they have higher test and lower bodyfat it should be a breeze right? the answer probably has a lot to do with cultural/social conditions that affect who gets involved with which sport like johnrobholmes said.

I'm not saying there aren't physical differences between races, I bet there are. But I dont think you can decide what they are just from looking at who's dominating which sport.

jeze said:
Okay,

We are all aware that working out while having a decents nights sleep, having a decent diet and taking the correct vitamins should guarantee success with building muscle. More or less...

What about people who are located in areas where they can't afford the 100's of grams of protein and vitamins yet alone a gym membership but they are still as bulky and jacked as most of you. Maybe more bulk than definition.

The question is, what the hell are they doing? I have a friend who says that he just works out randomly throughout the day but i just do not think that this would do much but he's huge.

How much more evidence do you need?

http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/Daily_Express_9_8_2000.htm

http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/JT_NaturalSelections.htm

http://www.newstatesman.com/site.ph...ection:+Front+Page&newDisplayURN=200009180009

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0056.htm

http://run-down.com/guests/je_black_athletes_p2.php

interesting articles. looks like all the research is pretty simplistic at this point in time. I'm still a little wary of the 'no white man has ever run under 10 seconds on the 100' argument, because like i said before, you almost never see a black man on the podium for a gymnastics all-around or a weightlifting total - both explosive sports. has a black man ever won an olympic gymnastics medal?

maybe the narrower hips theory explains this - certain blacks are better suited to fast running because of narrow hips/high center of gravity but the less speedy whites can exert/absorb more force on/from a barbell and have an easier time maintaining balance when tumbling. basically i think we dont know nearly enough to draw solid conclusions yet.

liked this quote :) "It is true that athletes of West African descent living in North America, western Europe and the Caribbean dominate many sports. But contemporary West Africans do not. This is the opposite of what one should expect if athletic ability were predominantly determined by genetics.

In the United States, considerable intermixing between black and white has meant that the African American population embodies, on average, roughly 30 per cent of genes from populations of European descent. Hence, African Americans should be poorer athletes than West Africans. The reverse is true."

i'm sure eventually better and more thorough research will be done and will determine what the differnces are much more precisely.

Tagio said:
interesting articles. looks like all the research is pretty simplistic at this point in time. I'm still a little wary of the 'no white man has ever run under 10 seconds on the 100' argument, because like i said before, you almost never see a black man on the podium for a gymnastics all-around or a weightlifting total - both explosive sports. has a black man ever won an olympic gymnastics medal?

maybe the narrower hips theory explains this - certain blacks are better suited to fast running because of narrow hips/high center of gravity but the less speedy whites can exert/absorb more force on/from a barbell and have an easier time maintaining balance when tumbling. basically i think we dont know nearly enough to draw solid conclusions yet.

liked this quote :) "It is true that athletes of West African descent living in North America, western Europe and the Caribbean dominate many sports. But contemporary West Africans do not. This is the opposite of what one should expect if athletic ability were predominantly determined by genetics.

In the United States, considerable intermixing between black and white has meant that the African American population embodies, on average, roughly 30 per cent of genes from populations of European descent. Hence, African Americans should be poorer athletes than West Africans. The reverse is true."

i'm sure eventually better and more thorough research will be done and will determine what the differnces are much more precisely.

let me explain some things . Gymnastics has alot of technique involved. Sprinting has very little technique. There is some dealing with running on the balls of your feet and kicking, but the main premise in sprinting is POWER! Those who posess more explosive POWER run faster. The strongest guy doens't always with the rings. The biggest guy will probably never win the pommel horse. Don't confuse gymnastics with something as simplistic as running.

As far as West African / African American decent issue goes. I can only speak for myself as you cannot count out the specifics of indivuduality in this issue. Many Afriican Americans have very little to no European genes in them. My particular family has been living pretty much in the same area of Savannah, GA since slavery. We do have some race mixing going on , but that was with Cherokee Indians and not Europeans... You would have to take guys who domainate thier particular sports and look up thier genealogy, starting from when their family was sold as slaves, to really know. There are places in New Orleans for instance that have this information.

1. Shaq Fu
2. Michael Jordan
90% of all great basketball players are African Decent
3. Barry Bonds
4. Sammy Sosa
5. Marshall Falk
6. Ray Lewis
7. Deion Sanders
atleat 60% of all great football players are of African Decent
8. Marion Jones
9. Carl Lewis
10. Edwin Moses
almost all great track athletes are of African Decent

Are you are starting to notice something here... People of African Decent primarily choose to play particular sports and those particular sports all have some sort of prolonged running and jumping and therefore require explosive POWER. So Gymnastics , Hockey and Golf (despite Tiger Woods) are out

There is also the social factor. The ports that Africans decented people get into are all money sports. People do what will pay them. People are brought up from day one with a specific goal in mind and in black communites, being the best and most dominant athlete is big amongst grade school kids. If you weren't high on the scale in your community , they you probably got beat up and lunch money took :) That's just the way shit is, so people were broght up to fight and compete so there is a mental aspect there of being the best

hmm... Black people have "more testosterone than whites", does this mean black guys are manlier than white dudes?? :biggrin: j/p

Lililston said:
hmm... Black people have "more testosterone than whites", does this mean black guys are manlier than white dudes?? :biggrin: j/p

In most cases, yes. I would say black dudes are more agressive and confrontational then white dudes.

In terms of say body hair, no negroids are generally hairles just like mongoloids. But there are lots of exceptions to this in negroids

JKurz1 said:
WHy all the racial slurs??? What's going on here????

dude, talkin about another race doesnt mean its a slur. i said cracka, black people call me cracka all the time in my school.. i dont shoot them.. but if i say nigger ill get my ass kicked.. also, wehats the diff between nigga and niggER?

u can say nigga on com central but not nigger.. this contry is fucked up, the funny thing is im italian/ am indian. not 'white' but according to them i am..

what morons

gjohnson5 said:
In most cases, yes. I would say black dudes are more agressive and confrontational then white dudes.

I think that's cultural a lot though

I know plenty of ornery-ass white dudes

casualbb said:
I think that's cultural a lot though

I know plenty of ornery-ass white dudes

i think it just depends on how pissed off the person has been and how hard his life is. were are 'primal' also, too bad we have to control that

Top Bottom