Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

No Powerlifting Allowed

trial0r

sup guys..thought id vent my anger:

today i was at this new gym i signed up with for 1 month to try out (blame my idiot friend). as my fiance noticed instantly, it was a "fitnessy" gym. today was back day.

i began with deadlifts as usual, and some guy that works there actually had the nerve to come up to me and say, "he bro, remember that policy you signed when you were first joining, well it said that you agree to not engage in powerlifting i.e. deads, power cleans etc." i said...."uh...your kidding me right."

anway he told me he was only saying so because the owner was in at the time so he had to do his job...even tho i did the deads anyway. my membership is just about over and i will never be going there again...

people are just such fucking idiots that it makes me sick. this gym is loaded with people who have 10+ years experience "lifting" but still look the exact same as they did when they first stepped through the doors. /me wretches.

thought id vent.

Whats the point of that stupid rule?
Why cant you powerlift?
Your only allowed to do cardio and machine exercises?:rolleyes:

You can't powerlift because you might hurt yourself, and you will place the establishment liable for any damages. (what if you drop it on your head)

Unbelievable!

You should have gotten on the treadmill, faked a heart attack and then sued them saying the heart rate monitor was defective.

I would shit in my hand and smear it all over the but-blaster.

Run away from this gym as fast as you can. Your estrogen levels probably double every time your in that place.

hah thanks for the support guys.

mrdbol is right...the employee said it was a liability. fuck him and everyone who looks like him. ill never set foot in there again...

by the way...this is the same place that told me i couldnt leave weights on the floor inbetween sets i.e. my weaker younger highschool brother had to help me completely unrack 400 pounds of weight from the squat rack so that he could go with 135 and then put it all back on for the next one..."someone could trip over it". yea when its up against the wall right. dumbass

Gee...I'm loosing Karma on this one....

To be the bearer of bad news and personal responsibility, you really should have read the contract more carefully. I need a gym that's for real lifting. I want to be able to scream in pain, use heavy weights, etc. If I see any restriction on that, I'm out the door looking for another gym before a dime is put down.

I don't blame you....that gym sucks, but you should have noted that. At least it was a 1-month deal and not some high-priced long-term membership you're stuck with. Even if the membership person lies to you, never hesitate to read all the clauses in the contract.

trial0r said:
....by the way...this is the same place that told me i couldnt leave weights on the floor inbetween sets i.e. my weaker younger highschool brother had to help me completely unrack 400 pounds of weight from the squat rack so that he could go with 135 and then put it all back on for the next one..."someone could trip over it". yea when its up against the wall right. dumbass

Well, I think this is somewhat BS. My last gym required that you re-rack your weights (which is only fair), but in between sets? No f***ing way! I'm still using the rack, go away. If we're talking a plate or two, I'll let you work in, but I don't ask guys using less weight to move on so I can load up and go for it, I appreciate not being asked to let people work in who use a lot less.

Could be worse. At my gym, I routinely see women (and some guys) using the weight cage for squats when all they use is the bar and two 25 lb plates. :rolleyes: Hello! That device is meant for serious lifters....GO AWAY!

Top Bottom