Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

building an interactive powerlifting archive

IrishPower

I have decided I would like to really step up my participation in sharing powerlifting knowledge and computer expertise to bring this forum to a new level.

I have the hardware and software to store videos, pictures, etc on my server.

However, i need input from anyone interested.

I have asked several of you guys for permission to post pictures and videos, and i am excited by the initial responses.

now, i am not promising anything overnight mind you, but here is my staged plan.

1. collect pictures of lifters, gym setups, exercises, etc

2. collect video of all of the above

3. run conversion software on the videos to make them suitable for streaming across the internet

4. develop an interactive system for posting workout logs, etc, and allowing people to attach videos and pictures to individual profiles and workouts.

steps 1 - 3 are easy. all i need is for you guys to submit pics and videos to me. i can help with the video part as it is a bit more complex.

step 4 will take some time and i am interested in getting an idea of who might like to participate.

i imagine it will require you guys to login and enter your workouts in an easy to use format. then you can attach pics, notes, videos, etc and it will be published for others to browse.

again, step 4 is going to take a LONG time so dont expect this anytime soon.

if anyone is interested, please email me directly:

[email protected]

it will be easier to keep emails then to constantly refer back to this post.

several of you guys have given me videos and pictures. however, i am awaiting permission from some of you to publish these.

Without further adieu, here is bfold, who was kind enough to submit a video of him doing good mornings in his dungeon.

http://GrowOrDie.com/training/others/bfold_good_mornings.mpg

train hard and here's to getting fucking huge and strong in 2002!

/irish

Thanks man....a lot.

Now I just need to update from Win 98 to something better. I saw where I can't get audio on my software with win 98 when I upload video:(

I also need to get my site up and running too!!!

B True

You are da man....

I am at work at the moment...here for another hour or so.

B True

Great idea Irish!

I know a thing or 2 about computers as well if I can lend a hand let me know.

Irish, I sent you an e-mail, hopefully it went through.

Since I started training in the Dungeon, I have been filming workouts. If you are interested, I can cut them up and send you a highlight tape. Sorry, not sophisticated enough to send it there digitally, I will have to send you a vhs tape. If you are interested, let me know at [email protected]

Thanks, and great idea.

B.

This is a terrific idea, IrishPower! What a training aid it would be... I am more than happy to submit training logs, pics, etc... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with the project.

i also know a few things about website design (not much, but a little) , so if you get stuck w/ something , just ask

thanks everyone for PMs, emails, and responses. seems like this will be fun.

i think the first step is just getting data to my server. we can organize it and make it pretty later.

you can just email me logs, pics, etc. i think email has a size limit so this wont be practical in the long term.

[email protected]

I have also setup a public FTP share on my server.

ftp://[email protected]/
password: share

email me if you need instructions to the ftp server/software, etc.

also, email me when you dump stuff and i can move it over to where it can be seen by everyone.

thanks!

/irish

Top Bottom