Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muskate's daily workouts and log

June 23, 2016

The workout I did yesterday was the end of phase 1 so today I started phase 2. Each phase I am decreasing the rep range of the exercises I am doing and focusing on lifting more weight. The last set of every exercise is a rest pause set in phase 1 and 2. The last set of every exercise is a drop set in phase 3 and 4.

It's coming along. I am excited to take some progress pictures for all of you on the weekend. Already a big noticeable improvement in my physique.

If u can eat like that and stay lean, ur metabolism must be amazing. Great post

That's actually not a lot of food. I started my calories fairly low because my metabolism is suppressed from eating such low calories for such a long period of time for modelling. I suspect I will maintain my current level of conditioning or even improve my conditioning on this calorie intake.

If you are a healthy male 20-40 who is training hard 60-90 minutes per day, you should be able to eat AT LEAST that amount of food.

I have a cross fit client who is around the same size of me. His last meal everyday is an entire box of gluten free fig newtons (that's about 1500 calories) + 200g chicken breast + 100g lettuce.

This is bodybuilding...bring out the big dinner plates.

Do you have the macros for this diet? How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

Also have you ever experimented with Lyle McDonald's UD2 carb cycling? I've done it a few times, it's brutal but worked

Day 1 and Day 2
Training: Glycogen Depletion
Diet: Low-carb/low-calorie

Day 3 / Day 4 AM
Training: Cardio
Diet: Low-carb/low-calorie

Day 4 PM
Training: High intensity
Diet: Begin carb-load

Day 5
Training: Rest
Diet: Carb-load

Day 6
Training: Power workout
Diet: Diet variable

Day 7
Training: Cardio
Diet: Diet variable

What do you think of it?

Leg day - I go by hunger.
I would guess:
calories: 4000
protein: around 200
carbs: 500
fats: trace

All other training days -
calories: 3000-3200
protein: 300
carbs: 300
fats: 60

I am a big Lyle Mcdonald fan and have read all his work. I personally feel that all this diets work better for athletes then bodybuilders specifically. If you have a significant amount of muscle mass, you can eat a lot more carbs/calories then he recommend. I tried his UDC2 carb cycling diet and lost a lot muscle from it.

I also think he over prescribes cardio. Cardio destroys the metabolism and gives the body a skinny fat look. Hard weight training is what builds and sculpts the physique.

June 24, 2016

I had my summer course final this morning. I was up late studying for the final but I still managed to get a really good workout in. I'll catch up on the sleep tonight. I now have a break from classes until starting back up again in September. I often find that when you're tired - the hardest part is just getting to the gym. Once you get the blood flowing and some music playing, I always end up having a great workout.

The last set of every exercise was a rest pause set where I hit failure, took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

Hey Muskate are you working out full week, Monday to Sunday ?

Yes. I personally train everyday. I take off days as needed. I will be in Vancouver June 30 - July 3 for a young adults conference with my church so I'll take a day or two off from training then.

I don't recommend this unless you have been training for a long time and really know your body. I have been training since I was 13 and can tell when my body is about to reach the brim of overtraining. I am OCD and weigh myself everyday, record all my food, record my weights etc so I know if my body is showing the signs of needing a break or not.

June 25, 2016

Strength is really increasing. Awesome workout today. Great focus throughout my entire workout and had a really good pump. Tomorrow morning I will update the log with progress photos.

Shoulder/calves day is an easier day. I on purpose put it before leg day so I am well rested for tomorrow.

The last set of every exercise was a rest pause set where I hit failure, took 3 deep breaths and then hit failure again.

June 26, 2016

I know I said I would put up pictures today but I was late for church this morning so I didn't get a chance to take any. I'll take some tomorrow morning. Things are really coming a long. I can tell a noticeable improvement in my physique just by looking in the mirror and when training. All my lifts have gone up significantly. This log has really reminded me of the important of food in your weight training/physique goals.

Tomorrow I start phase 3 where the last set of every exercise will be a drop set.

That's actually not a lot of food. I started my calories fairly low because my metabolism is suppressed from eating such low calories for such a long period of time for modelling. I suspect I will maintain my current level of conditioning or even improve my conditioning on this calorie intake.

If you are a healthy male 20-40 who is training hard 60-90 minutes per day, you should be able to eat AT LEAST that amount of food.

I have a cross fit client who is around the same size of me. His last meal everyday is an entire box of gluten free fig newtons (that's about 1500 calories) + 200g chicken breast + 100g lettuce.

This is bodybuilding...bring out the big dinner plates.

IMO, you have to be a very good to elite level athlete to eat like that, train 60-90 minutes a day and improve conditioning. Those 60-90 minutes must be intense and all out.

Thank you for posting this. I follow it every day.

June 27, 2016

Today I started phase 3 where the last set of each exercise is a drop set. I was able to do 8 repetitions on the bench press with weights that I used to only be able to do 5 repetitions with. Not much else to report. Everything is really coming along perfectly.

Top Bottom