Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Routines for Females: No Muscles, just super fit & hot.

Its the way you set yourself up mentally - as if you've restricted yourself for 16 weeks and "Live" for that first meal post show like its your reward. Problem is that your body doesn't work like that.

I've been thru it, just as most every other competitor - the mental aspect and the fixation on food is what sets you up for that. If you remove the importance of food and food as your "reward" for completing the show, or equivalently, make "Post show" a scheduled phase of your diet such that all the structure and control of your pre-show diet isn't completely tossed for a feeding frenzy -- that helps ALOT.

Remove the "free for all" attitude and pick the things that will make a sufficinetly satisfying "reward" for completing the show but don't make your body hate you for the next 2 weeks. E.g. sushi and things like that are totally cool. For my last show, my "reward" was 1 rum & diet coke to be shared w/ my friends who came from all over teh country to enjoy the experience with me. I could just barely handle the rum and only had 1/2 of it. But I got it and that was enough. That completely removed this fixation on OMG I HAVE TO POUND 30 lb OF CHOCOLATE NOW BECAUSE I GAVE UP FOOD FOR 16 WEEKS!. Remove the power of the food and just keep it under control.

IMO there's no decision to do that or not - if you don't, you will pay like u never paid before. Period. That's how your body works. So simply take it as "how things work" and work with it instead of despite it.

Sassy69 said:
Its the way you set yourself up mentally - as if you've restricted yourself for 16 weeks and "Live" for that first meal post show like its your reward. Problem is that your body doesn't work like that.

I've been thru it, just as most every other competitor - the mental aspect and the fixation on food is what sets you up for that. If you remove the importance of food and food as your "reward" for completing the show, or equivalently, make "Post show" a scheduled phase of your diet such that all the structure and control of your pre-show diet isn't completely tossed for a feeding frenzy -- that helps ALOT.

Remove the "free for all" attitude and pick the things that will make a sufficinetly satisfying "reward" for completing the show but don't make your body hate you for the next 2 weeks. E.g. sushi and things like that are totally cool. For my last show, my "reward" was 1 rum & diet coke to be shared w/ my friends who came from all over teh country to enjoy the experience with me. I could just barely handle the rum and only had 1/2 of it. But I got it and that was enough. That completely removed this fixation on OMG I HAVE TO POUND 30 lb OF CHOCOLATE NOW BECAUSE I GAVE UP FOOD FOR 16 WEEKS!. Remove the power of the food and just keep it under control.

IMO there's no decision to do that or not - if you don't, you will pay like u never paid before. Period. That's how your body works. So simply take it as "how things work" and work with it instead of despite it.

I honestly have to say that this mimndset is different from what I experience myself as an athlete. Personally, I don't compete in a physique competition, and beating someone else has little to do with what I look like, and more to do with strength/speed...and nobody judges that except physics.

At the end of my season, I don't do anything to celebrate...I just try to heal up enough to get through another year.

Sassy69 said:

I don't compete BUT I eat almost like if I did...
I am not saying I am in tip top shape BUT I am in the process of educating myself NOT to see food as a reward.
I can clearly see the change in my body almost ipso facto when I eat bread...or fany kind of flour or sugars...
NOT NICE :worried:
I have always wondered why mothers reward with cookies or chocolate...
Why not let it be the otehr way around reward whatever with carrots and peas!!

florencia said:
Goosehunter!!! Come out where ever you are!!!

HEY!

I have been really busy lately. Sorry!

How is everyone???? I have been going to different classes and went once more to do free weights with my girl friend. I am learning soooo much!

Just with work, school, and now this training... GooseHunter is tired and doesn't have much time to relax!

:heart:

Anthony Roberts said:
I honestly have to say that this mimndset is different from what I experience myself as an athlete. Personally, I don't compete in a physique competition, and beating someone else has little to do with what I look like, and more to do with strength/speed...and nobody judges that except physics.

At the end of my season, I don't do anything to celebrate...I just try to heal up enough to get through another year.

Because for most other sports it has a "season" and its not all a one-shot deal. You don't do sports that you don't have some talent or love of - Figure doesn't really have those barriers to entry - its not a "sport" mindset - its more like a "performance" - and its all about diet and not performance improvement so the focus & progress isn't measured in amounts of food. Its very much different from almost every other sport in that sense - you train 24/7 - every aspect of your life is driven by preparing for that one moment on stage whereas other sports are more about improving specific skills for better performanceo or response to situations presented during the dynamic aspects of the game.

Sassy69 said:
Because for most other sports it has a "season" and its not all a one-shot deal. You don't do sports that you don't have some talent or love of - Figure doesn't really have those barriers to entry - its not a "sport" mindset - its more like a "performance" - and its all about diet and not performance improvement so the focus & progress isn't measured in amounts of food. Its very much different from almost every other sport in that sense - you train 24/7 - every aspect of your life is driven by preparing for that one moment on stage whereas other sports are more about improving specific skills for better performanceo or response to situations presented during the dynamic aspects of the game.

Right. It's a beauty pagent, not a sport.

Such a wonderful thing for me to not consider it a beauty pageant, to me it is much more than "a pretentious display or show that conceals a lack of real importance or meaning."

TO each his/HER own

There's nothing wrong with an aesthetic (beauty) competition. It doesn't take away from the feeling of accomplishment or the difficulty in competing in one, just because the criteria is visual. Sorry if I was coming off like I was abasing the pursuit.

How about we all have a little respect for the starter of this original thread.
This is not chat - please try and keep to the original topic.

Jeez..

I always gotta be the bitch...

This is about GOOSEHUNTER and helping her not debating what makes an athlete.

ps. I'll kick all your asses on ice skates.... :devil: HA!

Top Bottom