Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training Routines for Females: No Muscles, just super fit & hot.

bostongirl2you said:
Hey girlie......... how was your workout last night?

Hey!

Okay I guess. I can't keep up with the girl I have been going with. :( I feel like I am holding her back. So I think I am going to stick with the classes for a few more weeks until my body gets used to all this.

I hate the feeling like I am dead weight and slowing things down. So we talked about it, and she is totally cool with it. I just get tired and I feel like I can't do the same exercises as her yet.

:heart: :heart:

GooseHunter said:
Hey!

Okay I guess. I can't keep up with the girl I have been going with. :( I feel like I am holding her back. So I think I am going to stick with the classes for a few more weeks until my body gets used to all this.

I hate the feeling like I am dead weight and slowing things down. So we talked about it, and she is totally cool with it. I just get tired and I feel like I can't do the same exercises as her yet.

:heart: :heart:
Give it a few weeks you'll be fine.
:)

Even if you can't get the same weight focus on good form - even with no weight. Good form with everything you do is really the core of great lifts.

Anthony Roberts said:
I don't reccomend doing things in an unhealthy way, but I really feel that the body is way tougher than we give it credit for, and it will bounce back from most things, diets, drugs, etc...

Gotta give you credit here man, thats very true. I still think its amazing that smokers that quit, the lungs repair themselves!

Agree, with Velvett keep working on your form girl, keep up the good work! You don't have to train with the same partner every time at the gym, develop your own routine and fit in with her as you can! Nobody says you have to stand there and watch her finish 5 more sets you can't do, go find something else to do!

superqt4u2nv said:
Metabolic damage is a growing trend in the sport. I am not saying someone could never recover from it but it most certinaly is a problem and yes 900 calories a day along with 2 hours of cardio a day is most certinally going to take its toll on persons body and have some lasting effects.

There are studies with people who were on Thyroid meds for 30 years, and they regained normal thyroid function. There's countless people (myself being one) who take steroids for years, and recover within a couple of months. I'm sure there's exceptions (but for me to believe Scott's article, I'd need to see bloodwork, or some standard of proof).

I'm not saying girls don't get fat and depressed after a contest, and that they don't suffer... but is it the calories, or the fact that they typically go cold turkey off several anti-estrogens, steroids, thyroid meds, and stimulant/fat-burners/appetite suppressants? That's also what probably causes the depression, anxiety, etc...after contests.

I think that there's serious issues post-contest for women, and that they should really be addressed...but saying "This is a problem" and providing no statistical or empirical data, even if you're a respected trainer, doesn't hold much water with me. Also...as I said...the cessation of the drugs, the fact that there's really no PCT for women, and the typical post-contest binges are all factors. The girls I know who run reasonable cycles, don't binge after contests, etc...look great year round. The ones who need to go to extremes are the ones who suffer from it...and caloric restriction for 16 weeks is not the problem.

Oh yeah?? Out of curiousity, like what?

Do you mean "like who"? What do you mean by "like what"?

I have been back and forth about post contest meal and rebounds. I think I am NOT going to binge after my show and break the mold a bit. Im also natty so should be FUN.

I am wishing myself LUCK with this idea for sure. :D

*Bunny* said:
I have been back and forth about post contest meal and rebounds. I think I am NOT going to binge after my show and break the mold a bit. Im also natty so should be FUN.

I am wishing myself LUCK with this idea for sure. :D

Rosanne Clemente (who is emerging as one of the top female-trainers around, IMHO) calls that the "Last Supper" syndrome. You eat a ton just before your diet starts, then a ton after it's over...telling yourself that it's the last meal that you're going to do that at...

Mandy Polk (another friend of mine, and an IFBB pro) "binges" on Sushi and healthy stuff after a contest....which I think is a great idea.

Top Bottom