Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Setpoint Weight

rocky_road

How did you guys overcome your setpoint weight? You know, that weight that was once or is so easy to maintain for you.

Currently I feel trapped in a weight that varies only by 3 pounds.

What is the best way to reduce this setpoint weight, or is there no such thing?

If there is no such thing, than will exercizing smarter/eating better help me lose weight and keep it off?

Thank you for your help!
-Jessica-

Jess - you're at a plateau! Your diet is holding you back. It's not clean. I know this because I've seen your other posts in C&C and even posted there.

Get your diet and weight training where it needs to be. You are SO young and should have NO problem if these two things are in line! :)

scorpiogirl said:
Jess - you're at a plateau! Your diet is holding you back. It's not clean. I know this because I've seen your other posts in C&C and even posted there.

Get your diet and weight training where it needs to be. You are SO young and should have NO problem if these two things are in line! :)
I agree Jess... specifics & suggestions were proposed in the log you started, as well as other threads across the board. Have you tried any of them? for at least 2-3 weeks, no cheating?

Start with the diet girl...

Best of luck and if you want specifics, repost em up

Cool...

My diet is improving. I'm looking forward to the results. it's got to be snacking that was/is my biggest diet and overall downfall. I've begun to replace this habit with reading and it has proved helpful. Also, because I had my Wisdom Teeth pulled yesterday, I have been forced to be more thoughtful about what I eat, and all crunchy snacks have had to be avoided--which has given me more control over my meals too.

I have been keeping track of my entire diet and exercise for over a month now. Here is today's log. I have a feeling if I eat more like this every day, my body will improve (of course, I don't always have a day to spend devoted entirely to myself like I do today on Spring Break!)

*the morning may be confusing because I ate while doing things!
6:00- woke up (trying to keep my sleeping schedule intack through Spring Break)
6:00-7:00 Yoga on TV
6:30- V-8 V-Fusion strawberry & bananna juice
7:00-7:30 Denise Austin Fit & Light Work-out (with commercials and emphisis on buns)
7:48-8:00 Cold Weight Control Oatmeal (unheated, eaten like cereal)
7:40-7:53 Denise Austin Daily Workout arms/chest and cool down (did not do the cardio or warm up)
8:40-9:10- outdoor 30 minute bikeride
9:30: 2 slices of frozen bananna
9:40- Sugar-free choc/van Jello with ~ 3/4s scoop Choc protein powder
9:50- Weight Watchers 140 cal ice cream
12:10- half-serving of raisins
1:00- 1 serving each of : milk, brown rice, tilapia, plain green beans; few sips of v-8 Juice and 4 slices frozen bananna

Is this too much sugar?
I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight. Tomatoe soup maybe.

The other thing is that once you get a "goal" weight..give yourself 5 pounds fluctuation....pms..winter things like that but don't go over the 5 pounds...diet back down

rocky_road said:
Cool...
6:30- V-8 V-Fusion strawberry & bananna juice Not too sure on the sodium & additives in this
7:48-8:00 Cold Weight Control Oatmeal (unheated, eaten like cereal) (old fashion oats, SLOW cook better choice)
9:30: 2 slices of frozen bananna You need more protein, a little every meal will not hurt you since you're so active
9:40- Sugar-free choc/van Jello with ~ 3/4s scoop Choc protein powder Good on Protein ... the jello is a personal preference ...
9:50- Weight Watchers 140 cal ice cream Weight Watchers or not, I'd toss this or save it for once a week ONE meal only
12:10- half-serving of raisins Why not a healthy fat (nuts?)
1:00- 1 serving each of : milk, brown rice, tilapia, plain green beans; few sips of v-8 Juice and 4 slices frozen bananna whole milk

Is this too much sugar?
I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight. Tomatoe soup maybe.
I think it's just a lot of processed foods...sodium would appear high and so would carbs from looking at this ...

ladies??

A little too much fruit and fruit juice. Not enough protein. Lots of carbs!

Update....

4:15- one serving (100 cal) of Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken
- piece of low-fat Mozzerela cheese

6:20- Salad with sweet vinegar and olive oil dressing (60 cal, 0/15/0, carbs from sugar)
Cheese
50 cal of crackers (3.5/10/1) ~ fats 2.5 unsaturated, 1 saturated
No clue how much chicken, b/c my mom sliced it up for me, but between .5 and 1.5 servings
Bit of Organic BBQ Sauce

I know it looks like I need some more healthy fat. Should i attempt to eat almonds later on tonight? I might be able to with the right side of my mouth that is far less swollen.
Any other comments welcome!

Will mom buy you some natural peanut butter? It's ideal for "right before bed" fat. You could also have some cottage cheese if that makes it easier on the mouth right now.

Top Bottom