Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-exhausting for lagging areas...? How to build my Quads?

cangal

Hi Ladies!

I'm wondering what you to improve those areas that just don't seem to grow? For me it's my shoulders and legs.

I know the obvious answer would be to lift heavier and lower rep, but I'm thinking back to when I actually did see growth and although I didn't understand why then, my trainer had me 'pre-exhausting' my lagging areas at the beginning of my workout. So for example, he would have me do about 6 -8 sets of leg extensions (increasing the weight), then squats, lunges and leg press (wouldn't have to go super heavy because I was already tired), then hamstring curls and finish off with another set of leg extensions (dropping weight). That’s what a typical quad day would look like.

Have any of you ever used this technique? Any success?

What helps for me is doing sets to failure and then forced reps....I have a killer shoulder workout, send me a PM and I'll share it with you

I'm a guy but I have issues with the same two areas. Lately I have been taking a page from the women at my gym. Lots of volume for legs. At the end of my routine I now do walking lunges until I look like Forrest Gump walking out of the gym. My mind tells me to stop but I just try to keep going. Right away I am noticing a huge pump in my quads. I am getting vascular in them too. Doing walking lunges at the end may do the trick for you too.

I'm a guy but I have issues with the same two areas. Lately I have been taking a page from the women at my gym. Lots of volume for legs. At the end of my routine I now do walking lunges until I look like Forrest Gump walking out of the gym. My mind tells me to stop but I just try to keep going. Right away I am noticing a huge pump in my quads. I am getting vascular in them too. Doing walking lunges at the end may do the trick for you too.

Thanks Slat :) I'll try that next leg day.

I'm always so jealous of the gals who can wear their gym tights and you can see an obvious sweep through the fabric. I want meat like that!!

Top Bottom