Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting belts

momsgettinfit

How many of you use a lifting belt? I'm thinking of getting one due to some lower back issues and was wondering it, it's worth the money.

i would say no... I have low back issues too.... but personally I think the belt just allows you to work with crappy form.. I would rather push less weight and use good form

courtneybcca said:
i would say no... I have low back issues too.... but personally I think the belt just allows you to work with crappy form.. I would rather push less weight and use good form

Yeah I was kind of thinking that. I didn't even concider getting one but the SLDL seems like it may irritate my lower back. But I'm not sure as I've never done it.

courtneybcca said:
but personally I think the belt just allows you to work with crappy form.. I would rather push less weight and use good form

I have to disagree with you on this huney, and this is because my form is perfect, and I use a belt. lol And I'm not just saying my form is perfect because I have a big head, I've been told this many times by different people.

I use a belt for squatting only, because for me to get any kind of pump in my legs I have to do alot of weight, yet the weight gets alittle heavy on my other body parts.

well whatever works for you honey!!! i had major back problems from figure skating growing up and rehabed it, for me anyways I work to keep my core in.. as practice.. but if it works for you more power to you!!!

Miss24k said:
I have to disagree with you on this huney, and this is because my form is perfect, and I use a belt. lol And I'm not just saying my form is perfect because I have a big head, I've been told this many times by different people.

I use a belt for squatting only, because for me to get any kind of pump in my legs I have to do alot of weight, yet the weight gets alittle heavy on my other body parts.
Well you ARE Quadzilla....

:verygood:

:wavey:

Miss24k said:

WHen I first start any excercise I make sure that my form is solid, I don't want to hurt myself and I want to get the most of everything I do and not waste my time in the gym. KWIM So maybe just for heaving leg work,ect.

I used one when I first started out, but don't now. I prefer not to use one because I feel it hinders my movement to a certain degree and it's just not comfortable for me.

This is kind of a Ford / Chevy issue. Some like it with, some without. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Yah, I'm a lot of help, huh!! lol

ScorpioGirl said:
I used one when I first started out, but don't now. I prefer not to use one because I feel it hinders my movement to a certain degree and it's just not comfortable for me.

This is kind of a Ford / Chevy issue. Some like it with, some without. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Yah, I'm a lot of help, huh!! lol

I was wanting different opinions on them and from those that use them what their opinions are of them sooooo yes you were a help. LOL

Top Bottom