Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you know if you are holding water?

jacquie

Can someone please tell me?
Especially concerned about the buttocks.
Apologies if this is a redundant question; I'm fairly new, easing in and haven't found this in a search.
Thanks!

I don't quite understand the context of the question. All women carry fat and water over their lower bodies: hips, thighs, glutes. Is this about drying out for competition or just trying to get rid of stubborn bf for swimsuit season?

I ask because I have to know your perception and your specific goals (as do the rest of us) so that we can formulate a proper response.

Oh yea.... WELCOME TO THE BOARD! :)

BIKINIMOM said:
I don't quite understand the context of the question. All women carry fat and water over their lower bodies: hips, thighs, glutes. Is this about drying out for competition or just trying to get rid of stubborn bf for swimsuit season?

I ask because I have to know your perception and your specific goals (as do the rest of us) so that we can formulate a proper response.

Oh yea.... WELCOME TO THE BOARD! :)

Sorry, I mean extra water that can be reduced; thereby reducing size for swinsuit season: haven't got into the weights yet, but I work in a non-traditional field for women and put on muscle like crazy; even when I'm off work, I'm unusually muscular - overhear comments like "she's on steroids" so am thinking about training. Thanks

I see, so what you are saying is that you want guidance about diuretics in order to look better in a swimsuit for a few hours? <--- because that is what it is - totally temporary short term (and if misused dangerous) solution.

There are MUCH BETTER ways to achieve your goals. If you do physical labor then it will be all the easier.

Would you mind posting up pics and stats and an example of your activity/what you eat so that everyone can offer their guidance?

If you feel like you are holding water everyday and the scale is not moving then it is probably fat you are feeling.

If you eat something high sodium and the next day you gained 3-5 lbs then it is water weight.

you'll know that you are holding water if... when you press any part of your body with your finger it takes more than 2 secs in getting the color of your skin back to normal

temporarily for a certain day in a suit - taraxatone or other diretic

but you can only take that for 10 days. there is nothing you can do about water for the whole season except drink tons of water on a regular basis and limit sodium

if your bra straps feel tight one day and lose the next, you probably retain water

if your rings get tight only on certain days

if no matter what you do, you cannot pee out all the water you are drinking (lol)

Top Bottom