Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Home from the hospital

Sorry for stepping over here amongst the wimminfolks but, here's to a speedy recovery, Jens. You'll be back on the slopes in no time.

jenscats5 said:
More pics:

Kitty is keeping me company:

Twisted my leg/knee a little while getting to the bathroom - damn that F'n hurts!! :bawling:

Kitty is cute! You can tell that they are there helping mom to full recovery!!!

*Bunny* said:
Jens when to the drains come out? Sorry I really do not know much about your procedure. :rose:

Either later today or tomorrow - I have to remove it myself.....

The procedure is pretty basic really.....the ACL is a tendon that basically holds your upper leg to your lower leg - the ACL runs thru the middle of your leg.....since mine tore completely - the old one got removed & a cadaver ligament got screwed into my bone to replace the old one....

In case your curious & have nothing better to do: http://www.stoneclinic.com/aclrep.htm

Hello dear... Just wanted to wish you a very very very speedy and COMPLETE recovery. Take care of your self :heart:

*The kitty is cute... it knows mommy is hurting right now and that something's wrong thats why the kitty is by your side. Get well soon!!!! :bigkiss:

Glad to see you made it through the surgery okay.
Oh god. Its your right leg. Good luck in the bath tub. Mine is one where you enter to the left and the wall is to the right. I had to lay in it backwards so I didn't have to hold my right leg up. It was a pain in the ass!
Hopefully, you have a sponge bath lined up :)
Good luck with your recovery!!!

slat1 said:
Glad to see you made it through the surgery okay.
Oh god. Its your right leg. Good luck in the bath tub. Mine is one where you enter to the left and the wall is to the right. I had to lay in it backwards so I didn't have to hold my right leg up. It was a pain in the ass!
Hopefully, you have a sponge bath lined up :)
Good luck with your recovery!!!

Sponge bath.....!!!! that was the best part for me, and my husband washing my hair!! felt so good! big plastic lawn trash bags and duct tape are great too for a nice dry leg shower.

Jen you'll be back in no time, PT will make you feel better and starting asap is good for your head. they will put your ROM brace on for you, that is better than the immobilizer. Are you getting the "blood rush" to the joint when you get up? I hope not! Another thing that REALLY helps... you body gets to feel weak and sore from laying around, your MD can prescribe Massage Therapy and it will either ( depending upon your insurance) be covered or at least 50%, such as DME. The therapist, if you have a HMO need to be a preferred provider, or on the provider list to be covered. PPO's usually cover with a co-pay. It is SO worth it! I had a LMT for both my ACl's and LMT and a PT come to my home 3 days per week when I had my transplant. Really makes a huge difference. :)

Top Bottom