Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

help! first show

You must understand that there is a certain caloric intake needed for basic bodily function as well. 900 cal is more anorexic oriented than bodybuilding oriented. Like Tatyana said there are WAY more ways to diet for a contest than the low carb way. Low carb is a last resort type of thing IMO, and should be reserved for individuals who have a seriously body fat/weight challenged endomorphic physique. it is also beneficial to diet down WITH carbs so that the closer to the show you get, you still have the "low carb card" to play if needed to get your bf down that last little bit.

I agree with Tatyana that you need to have some more solid whole foods as opposed to the shake and bar. During pre contest prep, protein bars should be in a glass case with a sign that reads "In case of an emergency break glass." I also think you need to incorporate some fruits like oranges and/or grapefruit in there if possible. Adding some fibrous veggies with each carb meal can slow the digestion process thereby preventing insulin spikes. And lastly a higher water intake can help with digestion, help flush out toxins absorbed from stuff like preservatives (which is why you should eat fresh wholesome foods if possible), and will keep your kidneys happy. Don't forget that your muscles are not mostly protein, they are mostly water, and there is a specific carb to water ratio that is kept in the muscle tissue itself, so staying well hydrated will ensure that your muscles stay full of glycogen so you don't feel drained like you did before. There is also evidence of the body burning calories to heat the incoming water to body temperature, so drink it ice cold if possible. Just my 2 cents from personal experience.

I think everyone is right on about the diet.
You probably don't need any AAS if your diet is on point.
Have you thought about your suit, color etc.
If you need any help let me know. I do some work in the industry and can steer you in the direction of people who know what they are doing and will treat you well.

thank you very much! I most likely will go to a place called "suits you" in tampa to get fitted....I know many people who were very happy with their suits. They are supposed to make suggestions as to the color, style, etc. but I really have no idea...

I have a week or two before I start the diet and alter my training. If I don't feel confident and/or don't have the tools and knowledge i need to prepare I will definitely pm you, perhaps you could refer me to a coach? Although I would rather have someone here who sees me in person on a day-to-day basis and can change food/cardio as needed.
Pics will come too, unfortunately. I don't know if I am brave enough to post them though after seeing Tatyana's! If only I had that kind of muscle LOL.....

heavydutyhit said:
You must understand that there is a certain caloric intake needed for basic bodily function as well. 900 cal is more anorexic oriented than bodybuilding oriented. Like Tatyana said there are WAY more ways to diet for a contest than the low carb way. Low carb is a last resort type of thing IMO, and should be reserved for individuals who have a seriously body fat/weight challenged endomorphic physique. it is also beneficial to diet down WITH carbs so that the closer to the show you get, you still have the "low carb card" to play if needed to get your bf down that last little bit.

I agree with Tatyana that you need to have some more solid whole foods as opposed to the shake and bar. During pre contest prep, protein bars should be in a glass case with a sign that reads "In case of an emergency break glass." I also think you need to incorporate some fruits like oranges and/or grapefruit in there if possible. Adding some fibrous veggies with each carb meal can slow the digestion process thereby preventing insulin spikes. And lastly a higher water intake can help with digestion, help flush out toxins absorbed from stuff like preservatives (which is why you should eat fresh wholesome foods if possible), and will keep your kidneys happy. Don't forget that your muscles are not mostly protein, they are mostly water, and there is a specific carb to water ratio that is kept in the muscle tissue itself, so staying well hydrated will ensure that your muscles stay full of glycogen so you don't feel drained like you did before. There is also evidence of the body burning calories to heat the incoming water to body temperature, so drink it ice cold if possible. Just my 2 cents from personal experience.

Interesting, not many people would recommend oranges or grapefruit on a comp diet.

What is your rational for this?

gymdiva20 said:
thank you very much! I most likely will go to a place called "suits you" in tampa to get fitted....I know many people who were very happy with their suits. They are supposed to make suggestions as to the color, style, etc. but I really have no idea...

I have a week or two before I start the diet and alter my training. If I don't feel confident and/or don't have the tools and knowledge i need to prepare I will definitely pm you, perhaps you could refer me to a coach? Although I would rather have someone here who sees me in person on a day-to-day basis and can change food/cardio as needed.
Pics will come too, unfortunately. I don't know if I am brave enough to post them though after seeing Tatyana's! If only I had that kind of muscle LOL.....

Thanks hun

When I decided I wanted to compete, and I started to 'pinch' myself, I realised I didn't have that much muscle under the fat.

I did put on a fair amount of muscle in a short space of time. I had started training with weights at 15/16, but I didn't BODYBUILD.

Personally, I think there is an entirely different level to the intensity of training that is required and I think a lot of people miss this and then wonder why they are not getting the physique they want.

Bodybuilding bloody HURTS, it will make you feel sick at times, and I have almost cried.

I have to mentally prepare myself for leg day, especially on heavy week cause I know it is going to hurt and really be tough, and when it starts to be easy, time to add more weight.

I haven't taken any steroids or performance enhancing drugs, and I didn't even use OTC fat burners for my first three comps, and still dropped to the single digits (eating carbs as well).

It is all possible.

I know you have cycled already, but you do want to consider a few things

1. How much muscle did you put on during your cycles?

2. How much did you keep?

3. How much did you virilise?

4. How much more virilisation are you willing to live with?

I know SO many FBBers that have used only to compete for one year, or get a pro-card and never get on stage again, but the changes in their body, their faces, their voices, is permanent.

There is so little money in FBBing, you do want to weigh up the cost/benefit ratios for yourself.

gymdiva20 said:

I don't know anyone in Tampa.
In the North East I would say Cathy Savage.
Make sure you have the right shoes etc. Think about stones for your suit. Make sure you have the right color. What is good for guys is not good for girls.
Hmmm. I think you jus missed a big figure camp in Atlanta last month.

Let me clarify here. I did not mean to suggest she take in fruit the whole duration of the diet. This of course would not be a wise move. However, I think it is wise to take a contest prep slowly, and one step at a time. For me, when coming off of processed, every-day, off season foods, it is wise to begin the per-contest prep with as many whole and natural/organic foods from all of the five major food groups as possible. This will help the body "normalize" and rid itself of the toxins, chemicals, and preservatives found in food and drinks taken in during the off season. To go from off season intake to a hardcore insane low calorie and low carb intake overnight would be too much of a shock to the system IMO. By allowing the body to "normalize" in this way, the digestive system becomes more efficient at caloric utilization.

As far as the oranges and grapefruits, timing is everything. I find it beneficial to have some fruit first thing in the morning, and within 30 minutes of a weight training session. As we all know these are times when an insulin spike is preferred. Again let me clarify however that on a pre-contest diet these foods, and ALL sugar must be eventually eliminated. As I stated above I think a longer pre-contest period where certain foods are systematically and gradually eliminated from the diet prevents plateauing, and will result in a better peak. This is also the reason I stated earlier, that I think one should save the "low carb card" until after they have gotten as far as they can with a moderate carb, calorie restricted diet.

Does this make more sense? Sorry if I was unclear Tat, and any alternate opinions would be appreciated. I am always looking for new ideas.

heavydutyhit said:
As far as the oranges and grapefruits, timing is everything. I find it beneficial to have some fruit first thing in the morning, and within 30 minutes of a weight training session. As we all know these are times when an insulin spike is preferred. Again let me clarify however that on a pre-contest diet these foods, and ALL sugar must be eventually eliminated. As I stated above I think a longer pre-contest period where certain foods are systematically and gradually eliminated from the diet prevents plateauing, and will result in a better peak. This is also the reason I stated earlier, that I think one should save the "low carb card" until after they have gotten as far as they can with a moderate carb, calorie restricted diet.

Does this make more sense? Sorry if I was unclear Tat, and any alternate opinions would be appreciated. I am always looking for new ideas.

I can understand the cleaning up the diet.

I have had fruit in a comp diet, in small quantities.

Fructose does not elicit an insulin response though. It can enter muscles without the insulin response.

It is one of the strongest 'inducers' of glycolysis though, which is the central pathway of metabolism.

Top Bottom