Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

don't let the label fool you. Its got sugar in it you just cant see it

needtogetaas

don't let the label fool you. Its got sugar in it you just cant see it my friends. These days label laws work in so many funny ways and all of them are made to help big companies foll you!!! By using different forms of sugar companies dont have to list it as sugar content and in some cases even though its deff a carb they don't legally have to list these carbs on the label. So when you go buy your favorite protein bar from the gass station or you pick up some so called low carb products be sure to look through the ingredients list. Look for the following forms of sweeteners. If you find them then chances are they are lying to you on the supplement facts!!!!
I put a star next to the ones that can really really mess with you do to label laws.
• Corn Sweetener
• Corn Syrup or Corn Syrup Solids
• Dehydrated Cane Juice****
• Dextrin
• Dextrose
• Fructose*
• Fruit Juice Concentrate
• Glucose
• High-Fructose Corn Syrup
• Honey
• Invert Sugar**
• Lactose*
• Maltodextrin
• Malt Syrup
• Maltose
• Maple Syrup
• Molasses
• Raw Sugar
• Rice Syrup*************
• Sacchalose
• Sorghum or Sorghum Syrup*
• Sucrose
• Syrup
• Treacle*
• Turbinado Sugar
• Xylose*
• Sugar Alcohols
• Maltitol*
• Sorbitol*
• Maltitol Syrup
• Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate*
• Xylitol*
• Isomalt*
• Lactitol*
• Mannitol*
• Erythritol*****
. sugar alcohol ********************************************************************************************************************************

the more stars the more it can screw up the label facts and the worse it can be for you too. hope this info helps some one. Sugar and sweeteners come in many forms. DO not let them lie to you!!!

Definitely a lot of forms that simple carbs can take in processed foods and food supplements. This is a really good reference list.

I'd add only two things:

Sufficient fiber taken at the same time as the sugar can prevent a rapid blood glucose elevation. Usually people talk about it as if a one to one ratio exists. Like 2 grams of soluble fiber "cancel out" 2 grams of sugar. Not sure if that's a sound theory or not, but it's a quick and easy rule of thumb I suppose.

Avoid all the sugars listed, except PWO. Taken with protein immediately PWO, the resulting insulin spike absolutely enhances protein metabolization. ALWAYS a good thing. Consume the sugar more than once a day though and you jeopardize your insulin sensitivity, which would probably generally tend to lower that protein enhancement effect and even encourage fat gain.

Top Bottom