Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cold as a means of fat loss for women

Cian_McGovern

I have a friend in our gym, and she says that takingcold showers and sleeping in cold rooms at night helps lose fat. Shesays your body starts burning fat to stay warm, so you get what youwant. How scientific you think that is?

This passive way of burning fat can indeed contribute to fat loss, but I would not expect any sort of drastic results that you could get with a good diet or cardio training. Therefore, you can contemplate it as an aid in fatloss process, but not as a panacea.

Ambient body temperature is roughly 38 degrees celsius. When you are in a cold climate, your body has to work harder to keep your body weight at 38 degrees. This causes a SLIGHT increase in caloric burn.

Coming from someone who lives in Canada - trust me, there are much better ways to loose weight.

The additional calorie burn would be like 50-100 calories per day. Your time would be spent going on a long walk, bike ride etc.

I guess in theory this is true but is it worth it to take cold showers to lose like an extra pound each year. Makes no sense. Instead of being desperate and looking for miracles, just lower calories and increase exercise. That will work every single time.

Top Bottom