x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

For what exercises do you use a belt?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about For what exercises do you use a belt? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I laugh when I see the guys at my gym using a belt on every exercise, they are just weakening their back and more of less defeating the purpose of working out. I use a belt on deadlifts SOMETIMES and I'll normally use one while doing bent over barbell rows becuase my back is usually exhausted from deadlifts. So, what exercises do you use a belt for? ------------------ http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures/weedsign.jpg

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pro Bodybuilder
    I laugh when I see the guys at my gym using a belt on every exercise, they are just weakening their back and more of less defeating the purpose of working out. I use a belt on deadlifts SOMETIMES and I'll normally use one while doing bent over barbell rows becuase my back is usually exhausted from deadlifts.

So, what exercises do you use a belt for?

------------------

Good Broly
    I don't use a belt unless I go over 405 on Squats or DL's. Otherwise, I leave it at home. Like you, I occasionaly use one on bent over rows just because by that time I'm tired and it keeps my form correct.

I know what you mean, to some guys, a belt is like a pacifier...

------------------
    One Rep Past Death...

Good Broly
    I havent used a belt in about 4 years. I noticed a huge difference in my lower back development once I stopped using it. I have gone a heavy as 6 plates on a deadlift for a triple with out one and 5 plates on a squat for 5 reps with out a belt. I dont do this every week but it has been doen with out injury.

Squats, heavy barbell shrugs, T-bars, good mornings and stiff-legged's. I have a recurring lower back injury that flares up easily if I'm not careful. I would never even attempt the aforementioned without a belt.

------------------
    Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

Pro Bodybuilder
    I like to watch the guys my age strut around in the gym with a belt on like they are hot shit. All they do is cable exercises and machines. They are my entertainment.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Squats and leg presses (I would rather not have a hernia thank you very much -leg press-)

Elite Bodybuilder
    IN MY OPINION,AND I STRESS MY OPINION,A BELT SHOULD BE USED FOR ANY EXERCISES WHERE "HEAVY" WEIGHT IS APPLIED.I'VE STUDIED THE PRO'S AND CONS OF HAVING A BELT,BUT I BELEIVE IF YOU ARE USING HEAVY WEIGHT,A BELT CAN BE BENEFICIAL...WHY TAKE A CHANCE.IF YOU ARE USING REPS OF 10(+),THEN OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT TRAINING AT MAXIMUM POUNDAGE LEVELS AND DON'T REQUIRE A BELT...BUT,ON THE OTHER HAND,WHEN YOU TRAINING IN THE 1-6 REPS,YOU SHOULD BE USING A BELT,BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY WEIGHT.FYI

------------------
    if you don't like it,get the fuck out!

Squats, deadlifts, stiff-legged deadlifts, barbell rows, shrugs, barbell curls

------------------
    I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are. - Homer Simpson

none

Good Bro
    Only for <4 rep squats.