Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Using a chiropractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only go to a chiropractor when i really feel i need it. I'm more prone to use a massage therapist than anything. I go for a deep tissue massage every 2 weeks. Massage has made a huge difference in my performance as well. I took a nasty little fall on the ice a few weeks ago and needed a visit to the chiropractor but other than that, i would choose a massage therapist first.

Chiropractors can be dangerous, its important to know who you're seeing first via word of mouth. They don't always help and many times they can injure you more, I'd use heavy skepticism. Just be careful when it comes to those guys. Massage therapists do 10x better work IMO. Expensive as hell though. My girlfriend does a good job too, plus she'll pop my back when she puts weight on it, feels pretty damn good.

gotta love that popping feeling in the back.
IMO it is good to get regular massages or trips to chiro or physio. Maybe once every few months or even more. Depends on what sort of money you have floating around.
Boy would i love it if my GF was a masseus or physio. WOW. Dream girl.

Oh yeah make sure whoever you go to has the proper certificates.

Mindwraith said:
They don't always help and many times they can injure you more, I'd use heavy skepticism.

Now, i don't know that much about chiropracting, but i have trouble seeing how they can HURT you??? I mean, the treatment is soooo NON-Invasive that it almost seems crazy to me that you could say "Many times" you can get hurt by them.

Can you maybe list some examples of how a chiropractic adjusment can leave you in worse shape than before :confused: :confused:

-Fatty

As for my experience with a chiro... i have two. About a year ago when i hurt my right knee I went to this guy up in boston, Tim Donovan. At the time, i couldn't get up from a chair on my own with out crazy pain due to a lot of muscle spasms in my right quad. Well, Tim went in, did some Active Release Techniques. Within 5 visits to hime [over 3 weeks or so] I was back in the gym doing Leg Press with very little discomfort. I call Tim the "Magic Man."

Now, a few months ago I injured my left knee and went to a highly recommended chiro here in NYC. These guys went in and took x-rays and scans and told me that my lower vertibrate was largely crushing my nerve which was causing the muscles in my left leg to misfire. I tried to tell them about Active Release techniques that the guy did for my other knee, but they pretty much were not interested in my opinion. However, they explained all their theory to me, and it made sense so i have been seeing them. It has been over 2 months of 3x week visits and my knee still isnt 100% yet.

But now they are telling me that i am flat footed [which is true] and that this is causing all kinds of weight distribution problems, which seems to make sense.

So, the first guy cured me quick , but didnt do an indepth job. The second guy tells me the root of the problem, but is taking longer for complete recovery. Do i think my second guy is bad?? No. They are trying to get at the root of the problem and not the symptoms. This just take a little more time. I mean, I can't complain since i am back in the gym squatting with not too much discomfort after a good warm-up.

-Fatty

Fatty4You said:

Now, i don't know that much about chiropracting, but i have trouble seeing how they can HURT you??? I mean, the treatment is soooo NON-Invasive that it almost seems crazy to me that you could say "Many times" you can get hurt by them.

Can you maybe list some examples of how a chiropractic adjusment can leave you in worse shape than before :confused: :confused:

-Fatty

http://www.quackwatch.com

Check out the Chiropractor section on that site. This guy is a heavy skeptic on most alternative therapies and chances are he's right most of the time as far as real scientific study and research goes for the average person. His studies and comments on some things such as creatine tend to bias the sedentary person and not the body builder or world class sprinter types. I'm always a skeptic on just about everything until I get a good number of opinions from a variety of consumers and experts who aren't selling anything.

I have many back problems but never used to go to a Chiropractor. Then One day I sort of "gave up" and went to one while my neck was at a 45 degree angle. lol He fixed it almost right away. In the past I would have lived with that pain for a WEEK. Now just a short trip to the chiro and it`s done.
I HIGHLY recommend them.

I make sure I take good care of my chiropractor at Christmas. The first time I went to see him, I could barely crawl from the car to the office, but I walked out (not very well). I swear by chiropractic.

Q: How many chirporactors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: One. But it takes 12 visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom