Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tricep exercises for that horseshoe look

endpoint

For a while i didnt do any specific tricep exercises.....I left the triceps to be built by pressing exercises.
Got mad growth!.....only problem is i cant get that horseshoe look....mine look like nike ticks!
Is there any specific exercises to fill out the part of the tricep closest to my back????

Or is it genetics?

If it is im pissed off. It makes my my arms look thin from side on....but mad from the front.

Usually the outer head is the harder to develop. You seem to be complaining about the inner head, closest to your back.

My advice, dont bother with the gay exercises ...like cables and stuff. Weighted Dips with dumbell hanging from your waste, make sure you keep your body straight up and down, dont lean forward or this becomes a chest exercise. 3 hard heavy sets and force yourself to get more reps or add weight every week.

It will work...good luck.

Natural Mike

Usually the outer head is the harder to develop. You seem to be complaining about the inner head, closest to your back.

My advice, dont bother with the gay exercises ...like cables and stuff. Weighted Dips with dumbell hanging from your waste, make sure you keep your body straight up and down, dont lean forward or this becomes a chest exercise. 3 hard heavy sets and force yourself to get more reps or add weight every week.

It will work...good luck.

Natural Mike

dips are good, weighted ones too. but its still a compound movement, bringing the delts into play. for strictly triceps though i cant beat pressdowns done CORRECTLY. get a 2 ropes, pull both til the knot is up by the metal hook so the rope is just one long rope and not a v. connect both single ropes on the pulley and do your pressdowns. now there is no limitations on movement as is found with a v bar or a straight bar. just stand up straight and work triceps, no leaning forward or pressing downward. give it a shot, youll see.

another strong exercise is seated french press. ie a vertical skull crusher. keep your elbows in and again move only at the elbow, not the shoulders. another damn good triceps exercise.

these are exercises that hit the triceps when performed without ego, strictly. too many guys get hung up on weight used, go for the target muscle and you will be humbled. triceps alone arent a super strong muscle, but if you bring other muscles into play, of course you may look more impresssive. for a while. until the guy with good strict form grows 2x as big in the same amount of time you are spinning your wheels. hehe rant over.

bignate73 said:
dips are good, weighted ones too. but its still a compound movement, bringing the delts into play. for strictly triceps though i cant beat pressdowns done CORRECTLY. get a 2 ropes, pull both til the knot is up by the metal hook so the rope is just one long rope and not a v. connect both single ropes on the pulley and do your pressdowns. now there is no limitations on movement as is found with a v bar or a straight bar. just stand up straight and work triceps, no leaning forward or pressing downward. give it a shot, youll see.

another strong exercise is seated french press. ie a vertical skull crusher. keep your elbows in and again move only at the elbow, not the shoulders. another damn good triceps exercise.

these are exercises that hit the triceps when performed without ego, strictly. too many guys get hung up on weight used, go for the target muscle and you will be humbled. triceps alone arent a super strong muscle, but if you bring other muscles into play, of course you may look more impresssive. for a while. until the guy with good strict form grows 2x as big in the same amount of time you are spinning your wheels. hehe rant over.

I agree completely.

Top Bottom