Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training split, arms on their own day?

J

jeremys

i wonder if i should continue having a back/bi and chest/tri split or have arms on their own for a day?

i was thinking that when i work back, biceps are getting hit indirectly and warming them up and the same with chest/tris.

what are your guys' thoughts?

I do a chest/tri back/bi routine as well. Like you said, the smaller muscles are hit when you do the larger movements. This is exactly why I like that split, as opposed to an opposing muscle split (chest/bi back/tri).

My solution to the Chest/Tri Back/Bi dilema of double dipping is:

On Chest/Tri day, I do the Chest FIRST as for me the Chest routine I do hits primarialy the chest heavy and the tri just so so.
Pullover without the press and mostly wider grip BB or DB presses
Then when the Chest is pretty fried I'll then do specific targeted Tri exercises.

Same with the Back / Bi day..
Do Back targeted exercises that do use the Bi but not heavy...
Then finish off with 4 or so sets of Bi targeted stuff such as curls.

I've tried both, and found that when I only trained arms after back or chest, I wasn't able to make any mass gains on my arms at all. So now I have a separate arm day where I superset back and forth between bi's and tri's, and have managed to put a few inches on my arms that way. When I want to specialize on arms, I'll hit them light and fast after back or chest, but then still hit them on their own day.
Here is my current split, I've been using it for 2 years now and have managed to add a lot of mass to my frame:
day 1 chest/calves/abs
day 2 back/shoulders
day 3 rest
day 4 rest
day 5 bi's/tri's/forarms
day 6 quads/hams/calves/abs
day 7 rest

Top Bottom