Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tabata You Challenge!! Big K Hits!!

bblazer

Banned
Here's the deal. I'm putting out a new challenge. It will take 4 minutes of your time. It will not screw with any program you are on right now (so no "I'm going to do this as soon as I am done with my 5x5 so I don't mess things up" excuses). You don't even need to go to the gym if you have the equipment at home.

Details:

Option 1) You will preform a 4 minute Tabata set of 60 lb SHOP using a barbell. Your max reps must be higher than 18 and you min reps can go no lower than 10.

Option 2) You will preform a 4 minute Tabata set of thrusters with 25 lb dumbbells. Your max reps must be more than 16 and your min reps must be no lower than 10.

Here is a good link to doing a Tabata set. It even includes thruster basics if you are unfamiliar with them.

Post up when you are done, listing your exercise choice and your max and min reps. If you make the minimums you will get a 100% karma hit. If you go higher you get 110%.

This is on the honor system, but videos of the workout including the aftermath are appreciated.

Take the challenge. Man the fuck up. It wont hurt your program. It will suck. You will have something to brag about when you are done. Oh, and that cool feeling on the side of you might feel on the side of your face when your are done is probably the floor.

B-

Here's the deal. I'm putting out a new challenge. It will take 4 minutes of your time. It will not screw with any program you are on right now (so no "I'm going to do this as soon as I am done with my 5x5 so I don't mess things up" excuses). You don't even need to go to the gym if you have the equipment at home.

Details:

Option 1) You will preform a 4 minute Tabata set of 60 lb SHOP using a barbell. Your max reps must be higher than 18 and you min reps can go no lower than 10.

Option 2) You will preform a 4 minute Tabata set of thrusters with 25 lb dumbbells. Your max reps must be more than 16 and your min reps must be no lower than 10.

Here is a good link to doing a Tabata set. It even includes thruster basics if you are unfamiliar with them.

Post up when you are done, listing your exercise choice and your max and min reps. If you make the minimums you will get a 100% karma hit. If you go higher you get 110%.

This is on the honor system, but videos of the workout including the aftermath are appreciated.

Take the challenge. Man the fuck up. It wont hurt your program. It will suck. You will have something to brag about when you are done. Oh, and that cool feeling on the side of you might feel on the side of your face when your are done is probably the floor.

B-

Will do tonight. I'll also post a video. SHOP is your ultracool way of saying standing overhead press right? One problem though: my gym has carpeting on the floor so I won't be able to cool my face down on it :(

EDIT: one question: what do you mean by the max and minimum reps thing? I think I know what you mean but I want to clarify: I need at least one set with 18 reps in it in 20 seconds, and no set can be lower than 10 reps right?

Well I did the challenge. The problem was I literally didnt have enough endurance to get 10 reps consistently on all sets. I got 22 and 21 on the first two sets but it dropped after that. I failed to get 10 one set then switched to push press, which was actually a better cardio workout anyway. Also because I was timing myself I got more rest then I should of, instead of 4 minutes it was 4:35!!!!!!!!!! Is there a way to time yourself better? I had a 20 second timer on my watch and for breaks I just set it and let it go for 10 seconds. But then I had to reset it and hit it again which added up. I'll post up my video tomorrow

OK 50% k hit for trying.

SHOP = Standing Overhead Press

What I mean by the max and min reps is that you need AT LEAST 18 reps in one set AND NO LESS than 10 in any other.

B-

yeah I figured that out about the max and minimum reps. Is there a better way to time yourself though? Like I said I switched as fast as I could but it still ended up 4 minutes and 35 seconds. I'm probably going to do it again today though with the 25lb thrusters, and I should be working out with a friend today so he can time me.

yeah I figured that out about the max and minimum reps. Is there a better way to time yourself though? Like I said I switched as fast as I could but it still ended up 4 minutes and 35 seconds. I'm probably going to do it again today though with the 25lb thrusters, and I should be working out with a friend today so he can time me.

The best bet is to have someone else time you. Also never let go of the implement. If you are doing thrusters, leave the DB's on your shoulders or resting on the bench, but never let go of them. With the SHOP, keep the weight on your chest, or in the rack with your chest under it and hands on it ready to go.

B-

The best bet is to have someone else time you. Also never let go of the implement. If you are doing thrusters, leave the DB's on your shoulders or resting on the bench, but never let go of them. With the SHOP, keep the weight on your chest, or in the rack with your chest under it and hands on it ready to go.

B-

ah great idea I let in on the rack each time that burned precious time

So only one taker....

I'm a bit shocked. I thought this place was made up of some hard core mother fuckers.

B-

btw, I did it again last night with burpees (also known affectionately as 8-count bodybuilders). Definitely the hardest tabata I've done. BBlazer would you mind adding it as a challenge, with 8 reps in the max set and 5 reps in the minimum set?

Top Bottom