Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pyramid training?

MotoXXX

Hey does anyone in here do pyramid training? It's been 3 years since high school and I can't remember the ratio reps/% of 1RM, and etc.. Anybody have links to some articles about it? I loved it for strength.

thanks

Well I think it depends on how low on the reps you want to go.

Either figure out what you can bench for 12 reps total, or figure out your 1 rep max.

I do a 1 rep max style pryamid for strength and power like this:

8 reps at 65%, 6 reps at 70%, 4 reps at 75%, 3 reps at 80%, 2 reps at 85%, and 1 rep at 90%.

For a 12 rep max and more for bodybuilding:

12 reps at 55%, 10 reps at 60%, 8 reps at 65%, 6 reps at 70%.

So you can figure out your percentages based off either your 1 rep max, or 12 rep max.

Hope that helps.

the example you set for strength training is exactly what I was looking for.

If I were to utilize this as a 1on/1off or 3day/week routine, should I work every bodypart each day, or should I do a 4day/week only working 1 core bodypart each week?

Ahhh...bringing back the memories of cleans (well I think there called clean and jerks on here, or power clean)

How often do you prefer to max, 6weeks or so?

And I don't ever remember doing them for misc. bodyparts such as bi's, tri's, etc... Would they work for pyramiding too?

Man I wish I had payed more attention and took it more seriously when I was in school. You'd think after 3 years of it, it would be ingrained in my brain.

I max every 2-3 months and closer to every 3.

I would do a 4 day split working each bodypart once a week on this routine using pryamiding. Almost guarnteed you'd be overdoing this type of sets and reps 3X a week and probably twice a week too.

You can use any set and rep scheme for any bodypart, but it's probably best used on compound exercises.

Top Bottom