Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

personal trainer at gym..??

guccianqel

i just joined the gym after reading these boards for 5 mnths..i think i have little knowledge on what im doing thnx for making me learn =] anyway if i ask..will the personal trainer at my gym help me put a diet together so i can get the best results? for i am still a little shady in that area

not all personal trainers are qualified to write you out a diet. Just make sure the person has the crudentials to go along with the job your asking of them

Personal Trainers

After learning what i have learnt I must admit I now have an inherent distrust for a lot of personal trainers...some advice I have heard makes my blood boil...
...Definently check the credentials there are a million shite-bag qualifications out there, check what the trainers has...asses their physique if they are in great shape, train hard and look good then chances are they will have a decent level of understanding...get a diet and regimen written out and to play safe you could always post it and see what everyone else thinks!

Angel Face, i agree that many personal trainers know very little if anything about training/nutrition.all it takes to get "certified" is to study for a few days and pass amultiple choice test;however, i disagree that you can judge a trainers knowledge or capacity for training others based on their physical development alone. case in point.. the bodybuilder "trainer" who is doing a pose in the mirror or checking out the babe doing squats while their client is attempting to do bent rows...I mean upright rows

do the research yourself and learn what it takes to accomplish your goals. since there is such distrust towards pt's, learn it yourself to see what it takes to actually be proficient. if any of the trainers you deal with actually have an interest in training, have goals etc. then you will probably get a good trainer. but either way, if you have someone do it for you, you are just a product of his diet, training etc. learn it for yourself and you create your own reality.

ps...im a trainer.

Skeeter : "i disagree that you can judge a trainers knowledge or capacity for training others based on their physical development alone." yes you cant judge a person's knowledge on their appearance I completely agree...
...my point is that I believe that someone should practice what they preach..so if someone is in great shape then they may know something...
...Thats why I recommend posting what they say...
...Seriously though some thing should be doen about these personal trainer qualifications i reckon I could probably sit at least half of them right this minute....
..."the bodybuilder "trainer" who is doing a pose in the mirror or checking out the babe doing squats while their client is attempting to do bent rows...I mean upright rows" ...LOL! thing is its true!

there are so many idiots right now who claim to be "personal trainers". Get their credentials, ask how long they've been doinig this, etc. A good trainer will have a degree, multiple certifications, and yrs and yrs of experience. And will look good. About 75% of trainers are morons but there are good ones out there, so watch out.

Top Bottom