Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Log: Wendler 531 & Crossfit on Paleo CKD with Intermittent Fasting & Cleanse

Awesome log!!!! (no homo) lol

I will be doing something very similar next month so I will be following along :)

Is this your first run with the 5/3/1?

Could you fill us in on the benefit of intermittent fasting? I'm a bit ignorant on the subject.

Awesome log!!!! (no homo) lol

I will be doing something very similar next month so I will be following along :)

Is this your first run with the 5/3/1?

Glad to have you bro. You helped me out big time with DC last year.

This will be my second meso cycle. So i just finished my deload week from the first and am about to start the second this sunday. It will take me through the rest of this year.

Could you fill us in on the benefit of intermittent fasting? I'm a bit ignorant on the subject.

This would be a thread all by itself. Some swear by it. I personally think it's very individual. It's not for everyone.

Benefits for me:

1. Increases insulin sensitivity (this is #1 priority for me)
2. Allows the body to rest from the digestive process and self clean
3. Supports a good deep ketosis

Also some studies suggest that it increases longevity similar to chronic caloric restriction.

If i wasn't on keto, i would probably not IF. Since i'm in ketosis, not feeding the body anything simply means that i'll be dipping into fat stores for energy. It's a juggling act. For me, the minuscule amount of muscle i'll loose during the fast will be vastly overshadowed by the benefits i derive in insulin sensitivity.

If anyone else has any specific questions about this i'll be glad to answer. It's a controversial topic for sure and there isn't a lot of information circulating in bodybuilding and powerlifting circles.

One thing is for sure in my case, IF increases my performance all around. Conditioning and strength. I've been experimenting both with and without for the last 4 months and the evidence is clear for me.

This would be a thread all by itself. Some swear by it. I personally think it's very individual. It's not for everyone.

Benefits for me:

1. Increases insulin sensitivity (this is #1 priority for me)
2. Allows the body to rest from the digestive process and self clean
3. Supports a good deep ketosis

Also some studies suggest that it increases longevity similar to chronic caloric restriction.

If i wasn't on keto, i would probably not IF. Since i'm in ketosis, not feeding the body anything simply means that i'll be dipping into fat stores for energy. It's a juggling act. For me, the minuscule amount of muscle i'll loose during the fast will be vastly overshadowed by the benefits i derive in insulin sensitivity.

If anyone else has any specific questions about this i'll be glad to answer. It's a controversial topic for sure and there isn't a lot of information circulating in bodybuilding and powerlifting circles.

One thing is for sure in my case, IF increases my performance all around. Conditioning and strength. I've been experimenting both with and without for the last 4 months and the evidence is clear for me.

Awesome bro. I won't derail your log, but more than likely I'll be pming you in the near future :D

Definitely looking forward to your progress with this.

Saturday: 11/28

Conditioning:

At 8AM did 10 rounds for time of:

100 jumprope singles
10 right roundhouse kicks to heavybag
10 left roundhouse kicks to heavybag

Time: 14:55 (previous time was 15:40)

9AM - 12PM martial arts

Diet:

Saturday is refeed day. Since i tore it up thanksgiving night i did something unusual and fasted until 1PM and cut the refeed in half.

Then had mexican, 12 large snickerdoodle cookies (freshly baked), pint of ben and jerry's chocolate fudge brownie, piece of cheese cake, quart of full fat red label milk.

Definitely not as much food as usual. My body just didn't seem to need as much (probably due to thanksgiving)

Note: even on refeed day i get in 15 grams of fish oil

I happen to have the High School PL team I coach doing 531. So far pretty good results. I like it for them, because it maps out their whole program (they just pull their sheet and get to work), and the 90% of 1RM forces them to check the ego at the door. The bonus side to it is that they are constantly making new PRs, and that keeps them motivated.

B-

I happen to have the High School PL team I coach doing 531. So far pretty good results. I like it for them, because it maps out their whole program (they just pull their sheet and get to work), and the 90% of 1RM forces them to check the ego at the door. The bonus side to it is that they are constantly making new PRs, and that keeps them motivated.

B-

Yeah, dropping back 90% was difficult but necessary. Especially when you go for a rep PR on the last set there is no way you walk away feeling like you under trained.

Sunday 11/29:

First official day of program. Got to the gym and went straight to the O platform. Did a few warmup deadlift sets and then went straight into it:

Wendler 531 Deadlift: 355 x 5, 380 x 5, 405 x 10 (previous rep PR @ 405 was 9)

Rested about 5 to 10 minutes. Then Crossfit:

Did 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps for time of:

275lb sumo deadlift, pushup, box jump. So ended up doing 55 sumo deadlift reps @ 275, 55 pushups, and 55 box jumps

Time: 12:15 (never done before so no previous time to compare against)

This was a ridiculous workout. I came close to puking, legs are fried (especially hams and glutes from the sumo). Walking is difficult today.

Diet:

Fasted until 2PM (I don't normally fast on a workout day but my body gave me the ok)
Meal 1: 12 ounces sirloin, 6 ounces raw tuna (slightly seared), 4 ounces grilled scallops, steamed broccoli, and salad
Meal 2: 12 ounces ground beef, raw spinach juice with lime, 6 grapes, and tbsp coconut oil (blended in the vitamix)
Snack before bed: 3 spoonfuls raw almond butter

Also go in multivitamin, 6 grams psyllium husk, and 15 grams fish oil (all taken with the fatty meals)

Feeling sore as hell today. My calves are screaming from those boxjumps. I've never done a lot of boxjumps before and didn't realize how pumped my calves could get. Good thing today is rest day.

Top Bottom