Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knees past the toes ?

GOHVYORGOHME said:
If that's you in the avator you look pretty young. I do believe that making your knees go past your toes will make you more succeptable to a knee injury. I really believe practicing this form would put a lot of wear and tear on your knees. This is something you wouldn't feel today or tomorrow, but years from now. Just my 2cents lol.

just what i see in oly lifters. some of them, their knees are way over their toes. personally, when i fullsquat my knees are right on top of my toes, a bit behind. when i used squat with my shins perpindicular to the floor, it caused knee pain for me, so i stopped and changed to a more "natural feeling" if you will, full squat. this has helped me. just my young 2cents. i don't believe it makes it worth any less.

I have gone to smith machine squats with my legs slightly extended. I find it is impossible to use my back to facilitate lifting the weight and my knees will never extend beyond my toes. Thats just my .02

super_rice said:
just what i see in oly lifters. some of them, their knees are way over their toes. personally, when i fullsquat my knees are right on top of my toes, a bit behind. when i used squat with my shins perpindicular to the floor, it caused knee pain for me, so i stopped and changed to a more "natural feeling" if you will, full squat. this has helped me. just my young 2cents. i don't believe it makes it worth any less.

Sry bro if it seemed I was implying you don't know what your talking about;). I only meant, you might not see the affects it could cause on your knees until later.

You know I never understood that whole knee shouldn't go in front of your ankle thing. I never had a problem with my knee being out there, even though I tried to avoid it when possible.

Lumberg said:
You know I never understood that whole knee shouldn't go in front of your ankle thing. I never had a problem with my knee being out there, even though I tried to avoid it when possible.

Going in front of your ankle is not the same as your knee going out over your toes.

For optimal weight moved...I'd suggest a wider stance with the butt going back and shins straight up and down.

B True

Nico Cujo said:
All olympic lifters squat full and their knees go past their toes. And they have excellent quad development.

Yep...

but if they are wanting to SQUAT big numbers...they will need to learn to sit back a lot more.

B True

i dont know that quad size is an indicator of knee longevity, actually quite the opposite. hamstring stabilization plays an integral part in knee stability.

bignate73 said:
i dont know that quad size is an indicator of knee longevity, actually quite the opposite. hamstring stabilization plays an integral part in knee stability.

I just need to quit making posts...I agree with too much that you should say.

I should just start replying with "whatever bignate says...because I agree completely".

:)

B True

Top Bottom