Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Issues with deads

Anthony1980

I really like doing deads but I'm getting to a weight that i can't keep a grip on the bar. Will it affect any progress in any way , in any muscle if i change the way i grip it? ( like one overhand, one underhand)

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

You'll have problems increasing weight and an over under is the best grip to hold the bar. Work on more grip related exercises. What rep range are you having trouble with?

5 reps. The first couple of sets are fine but after that gripping starts to get harder.

Sent from my DROID X2 using EliteFitness

Over under is the standard dl grip.

You can set the bar in the rack, like shrug height, and grip and hold for 3 sets of 15 seconds. That will improve your grip.

I like heavy croc rows, and croc rows for high reps. That is what Wendler recommends in his book and it has worked for me too.

Kroc row = one arm bent over DB rows.

How in the heck can someone name a 500 year old exercise after themselves all of a sudden? I would prefer to call them headholio rows, but they aren't :lmao:

I would be a pussy and just buy wrist wraps (which I have). My forearms are big enough and that pulling with the fingers is bad on the elbow tendons.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Top Bottom